Community Bulletin Board
- THURSDAY, MARCH 30TH: PREGNANCY HELPLINE CELEBRATION OF LIFE: Pregnancy Helpline Celebration of Life is April 30th at The NAZ, Brighton Rd across from Brighton High School. Hear from clients and international speaker Eileen Smith who will move the crowd to action as she shares the story of her daughter Laura Hope. Tickets are $20 and include our famous appetizer and dessert buffet, theme baskets, and more. Web Link: http://www.pregnancyhelpclinic.com/celebration
- SATURDAY, APRIL 1ST: AMERICAN LEGION POST #419 STEAK DINNER: American Legion Riders Chapter #419 will host a steak dinner April 1st, from 5pm-7:30pm at the Pinckney American Legion Post, 9807 Whitewood Rd., Pinckney. Dinner is $12, includes steak, baked potato, salad, roll, baked beans and dessert. For more information call 734-878-9522 or Karl at 734-476-6534.
- SATURDAY, APRIL 1ST: BAND OF BROTHERS SPORTSMAN'S BANQUET: Join the NAZ April 1 at 5p.m. for a "Wild" evening of festivities celebrating the great outdoors. Our keynote speaker will be Wade Nolan, wildlife biologist, photographer, author and producer. Other activities include gun raffles, bucket raffles, door prizes, and vendor displays. Dinner will be a delectable assortment of wild game dishes. Order tickets, $20 each, for you and your guest online at: thenaz.org.
- SATURDAY, APRIL 1ST: BREAKFAST WITH THE EASTER BUNNY AT POST 419: A pancake breakfast with the Easter Bunny is from 9-11am on April 1st at American Legion Post 419, Whitewood Rd. in Pinckney. The event is sponsored by the American Legion Auxiliary, $4 per person, 2 & under free.
- SATURDAY, APRIL 1ST: FUR BALL FOR THE HUMAN SOCIETY: The Fur Ball, an event to benefit the Livingston County Humane Society, is Saturday, April 1st. The event will be held at Crystal Gardens in Howell. Enjoy dinner, a premium bar, silent & live auctions, raffles, dancing and more. Visit the website for details. Web Link: http://humane-livingston.org/
- SUNDAY, APRIL 2ND - ST MARY'S COUNTRY BREAKFAST: On Sunday, April 2nd, St Mary Men's Club in Pinckney is sponsoring Country Style Breakfast at the Parish located at 10601 Dexter Pinckney Road. Breakfast is served 8:30am-11am and is a free-will donation. Proceeds will be used to help support on going Parish projects. Musical guests and multi-chance raffles add to the fun. For further information call Kim at Parish Office 734-878-3161.
- THURSDAY, APRIL 6TH: LION KING JR AT HARTLAND PERFORMING ARTS CENTER:The show will be coming to the Hartland Performing Arts Center, on April 6th-9th. Showtimes at 7pm for the Thursday-Saturday (April 6th-8th), and 5pm on Sunday, April 9th. Ticket sales have already half-sold out every show in just a few weeks. Tickets won't be available much longer due to the high demand. Visit the website for details. Web Link: https://search.seatyourself.biz/webstore/accounts/...
- FRIDAY, APRIL 7TH: COMMUNITY RESOURCE FAIR: The Livingston County Home & Garden Show hosts the Livingston County United Way's 15th Annual Community Resource Fair. Visit both April 7th-9th at the Howell High School Field House. Find resources on programs of the Livingston County United Way addressing hunger, homelessness, financial stability, community wellness, youth and early childhood education. In addition, displays from many nonprofits ranging from health and human services to youth and volunteer organizations. Web Link: http://www.lcunitedway.org/community-resource-fair...
- FRIDAY, APRIL 7TH: LIVINGSTON COUNTY HOME & GARDEN SHOW: The Home & Garden Show is a program of the Howell Area Chamber of Commerce. More than 200 exhibitors are expected to showcase the latest in home improvement, construction, décor, landscaping and financing April 7th-9th. Daily drawings for $500 in Home & Garden Show Bucks and other prizes are designed to attract customers and promote exhibitors. The Home & Garden Show is also the venue for the Taste of Livingston County, Fine Arts Show, Neighborhood Marketplace and the Community Resource Fair. Web Link: http://livingstoncountyhomeshow.com/
- FRIDAY, APRIL 7TH: THE HEART OF HOME FINE ART SHOW: The Livingston Fine Art Association presents The Heart of Home Fine Art Show during the Livingston Home and Garden show. The Art show will be in the Howell High School Commons. April 7th-9th. There is no admission charge for the show. About thirty local artists will be showing their works, which will be for sale. Visit the website for details. Web Link: http://www.livingstonfineartassociation.com/
- SATURDAY, APRIL 8TH: TASTE OF LIVINGSTON: The Taste of Livingston is 11:30am-3pm, Saturday, April 8th in the Howell High School Cafeteria during the Livingston County Home & Garden Show. Taste tickets are available for purchase at the door for just 75 cents per taste or a strip of 10 for a discounted price of $7. Each ticket is valid for one "taste" at any of the participating restaurants. If a restaurant or caterer in the Livingston County area would like to participate in this year's Taste of Livingston, contact Taste coordinator Carla Holda or 517-546-3920 for more information. Web Link: http://livingstoncountyhomeshow.com/
- SATURDAY, APRIL 15TH: BERAKFAST WITH THE ESTER BUNNY: Breakfast with the Easter Bunny at the Howell Nature Center is April 15th. Enjoy a pancake breakfast with sausage and all the trimmings,special gift and egg hunt. Breakfast at 9:30am & 11:30am. $9/adult, $7/child, children 2 and under free. Go to calendar of events to register. Web Link: http://events.r20.constantcontact.com/calendar/mon...
- SUNDAY, APRIL 16TH: EASTER BREAKFAST: Community Congregational United Church of Christ, 125 E. Unadilla St., Pinckney, will have their annual Easter breakfast between services on Easter morning. 7:30am sunrise service and 10:15am worship service. Everyone is welcome. Breakfast served 8-10am.
- WEDNESDAY, APRIL 19TH: SUPPORTING THE EDUCATIONAL NEEDS OF CHILDREN: Free event hosted by The Arc of Livingston and Michigan Alliance for Families, learn how mental health challenges and trauma can affect children and youth in the school setting and examine strategies and supports that can help them to be more successful. Presented by Terri Henrizi from Association for Children's Mental Health from 10am-noon at The Arc Livingston, 2980 Dorr Rd., Brighton. Register online or by calling The Arc of Livingston at 517-546-1228. Web Link: http://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/eve...
- THURSDAY, APRIL 20TH: LIVINGSTON REGIONAL JOB FAIR: Register to attend the 13th Annual Livingston Regional Job Fair on April 20th from 3-7pm at Crystal Gardens. Innovative local employers will be able to connect with educated eager job seekers. The annual event is coordinated by Michigan Works! and partners. Visit the website for details. Web Link: http://www.mwse.org/13th-annual-livingston-regiona...
- FRIDAY, APRIL 21ST: HABITAT FOR HUMANITY "HOME IS THE KEY" GALA: Habitat for Humanity "Home is the Key" Gala is April 21st at 6pm at Camp Chaldean, McClements Road, Brighton. An upscale strolling dinner and repurpose/upcycle competition are just a couple of the highlights for this Livingston County Habitat for Humanity fundraiser. Frank Sternett will be performing as Barry Manilow and Livingston County Sheriff Mike Murphy will emcee the evening. Tickets are $65 per person and available online. Web Link: https://www.livingstonhabitat.org/
- SATURDAY, APRIL 22ND: BLACK SHEEP WEAVERS' FIBER GUILD SPRING SALE: Black Sheep Weavers' Fiber Guild Spring sale is Saturday, April 22nd, 9am-5pm and Sunday, April 23rd from 10am-5pm. Find handmade garments, fiber & beaded jewelry, purses, quilts, baskets, cards, rugs, home decor & more. Also hand-dyed fabrics, plus cashmere, angora, alpaca & wool roving and handspun yarn. Held in the Bogie Lake Greenhouse, 1525 Bogie Lk. Rd. in White Lake. Free "Container Gardening" workshops! Free admission.
- SATURDAY, APRIL 22ND: SPRING GALA: A CELEBRATION OF 25 YEARS OF CHORAL MUSIC: Spring Gala: A celebration of 25 years of Choral Music from The Livingston County Choirs is April 22nd. The concert will feature our three main choirs: The Livingston Chorale, The Women's Chorus and Youth Choir as well as Encore, Ladies First, Just Too Sharp and Decibelles. The concert will be held at the Hartland Performing Art Center, 9525 E Highland Road, Howell at 7pm. Visit the website for more info. Web Link: http://livingstoncountychoirs.com/
- SATURDAY, APRIL 22ND: ACT PRACTICE TEST AT BHS: ACT Practice Test for area high-school & middle-school students will be held from 10am-2pm on April 22nd. Early registration, $45, closes on April 10th, walk-in registration beginning at 9:15am is $60 on the 22nd as space allows. The test will be given at the Brighton High School cafeteria, sponsored by BHS Interact/Brighton Rotary Clubs. Contact SAT@BrightonRotaryEvents.org or 810-227-0656 for more info.
- THURSDAY, APRIL 27TH: SLOPPY JOE/PULLED PORK DINNER AT POST 419: Sloppy Joe, pulled pork and floats will be served by the American Legion Riders-Chapter #419,on Thursday, April 27th, from 5pm-7:30pm at the Pinckney American Legion, 9807 Whitewood Rd., Pinckney. Sloppy Joes are $2 each, pulled pork sandwiches are $3.50 each, floats are $1.25 each. For more information call 734-878-9522 or Karl at 734-476-6534.
- FRIDAY, APRIL 28TH: FREE FAMILY SCIENCE NIGHT:Shepherd of the Lakes Lutheran School in Brighton invites you to their free Family Science Night on Friday, April 28 from 6pm-8pm. The Ann Arbor Hands-On Museum delivers 15 interactive science and math activities geared towards the whole family. Measure wind speed, send a message in binary code, blow up a balloon using a chemical reaction, play with oobleck, and more. Shepherd of the Lakes Lutheran School provides an accredited, Christian education to students in preschool through eighth grade. SOTL is located at 2101 S. Hacker Rd., Brighton. Call 810=227-6473 or visit the website for more information. Web Link: http://sotlschool.com/news/science-night-2017
- SATURDAY, APRIL 29TH: LCCB DINNER CRUISE AND CONCERT: The Livingston County Band invites you to take an imaginary journey to several countries and experience a variety of foods and a wonderful concert filled with music from around the world. A Musical Cruise Around the World Concert and Dinner Event is Saturday, April 29th at Parker Middle School Cafeteria 400 Wright Road, Howell. Boarding begins at 5pm, dinner at 5:30pm, the concert at 7pm. Dinner and concert tickets must be purchased in advance, concert only tickets will be available at door. For ticket information visit the website. https://lccbmusic.org/tickets
- SATURDAY, APRIL 29TH: 4-h GRAND EQUESTRIANS SCRAP FUNDRAISER: Livingston County 4-H Grand Equestrians Therapeutic Riding Program Fundraiser at Fowlerville Fair Grounds, is from 10am-3pm. Bring Old Scrap Metal (Large/Small)to DONATE for Recycling. NOTE: No refrigerators, freezers or air conditioners. Thanks to ADVANCE METAL ALLOYS for donating dumpsters-all day, replacing as filled up. Questions: 517-521-3570.