12/04/2020 - Hamburg Township COVID-19 Policy
Printable Version of the Hamburg Township COVID-19 Policy
The following protocols will be observed:
- All Township employees, while in the workplace:
- Will submit to daily temperature checks as a condition of remaining at work that day. It is every employee’s responsibility to remain home if they are experiencing the following COVID-19 symptoms as defined by the CDC:
People with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported – ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. People with these symptoms may have COVID-19:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
This list does not include all possible symptoms. CDC will continue to update this list as we learn more about COVID-19.
- If an employee is found to have a fever, they will immediately be sent home.
- Will wear a mask at any time they are not alone in their personal office. Masks and gloves will be provided for employees’ use, but if any employee has their own PPE that they prefer to use, this is permitted.
- Are encouraged to wash their hands frequently and use hand sanitizer.
- Will maintain a six foot social distancing from one another.
- Are not permitted to have any visitors, including family members at any time.
- Will sneeze into their elbows or into a disposable tissue, which will then be discarded.
- Are not to use other employees’ equipment (phones, computers, etc.), if possible. If it is necessary to use another employees’ equipment the employee will be informed of such usage.
- All elected officials will wear a mask at all meetings and will comply with all COVID-19 protocols of the township at all times.
- Any employee who is experiencing any symptoms of illness, particularly symptoms consistent with the COVID-19 virus (fever, cough, shortness of breath, loss of sense of taste) is not permitted to be in the Office and will promptly inform their Department Head, who will make other arrangements for their work to be covered.
- Any employee who has knowledge of their exposure to the COVID-19 virus should self-isolate, must immediately inform their Department Head and will be subject to being sent home. Exposure to Covid-19 is defined as being within 6 feet of anyone with COVID-19 for more than 15 minutes without a mask, or subsequently tests positive for COVID-19.
- Gatherings of more than 10 people in one enclosed space are prohibited, unless otherwise required by the Open Meetings Act, or other applicable law. Such meetings shall be conducted so that all participants are spaced and remain at least six feet apart from each other.
- Gloves, face masks, hand sanitizer and disinfectant will be available for Township employees at every counter/station where they may encounter residents / visitors.
At the main entrance to every Township building, there will be a prominent sign informing all visitors that they must wear mask, asking them to take their own temperatures as a risk assessment (a thermometer will be provided), and requiring hand sanitizing in order to proceed into the building.