Mission Statement: The
Hamburg Township Fire Department is a unique professional organization
that will safely and effectively respond to emergencies for the protection
of life, property, and the environment for those who live, work,
visit, or invest in our community.
firefighter shall strive to deliver
the highest quality service through
training, preparedness, planning,
and prevention in order to ensure
that our community maintains a high
quality of life.
What is a paid-on-call fire department?
• A paid on call fire department is made up of members of the community.
• All of the paid-on-call members have full time jobs outside of the fire department
• When an emergency occurs, all available paid-on-call members respond.
• All paid-on-call members are always on call
• All members are expected to respond to a minimum of 10% of our calls.
• The average firefighter responds to 22% of our calls.
• Paid-on-call members are paid hourly for calls and training.
• Becoming a fully trained firefighter involves more than 675 hours of training during the first two years.
• That is more than 16 weeks of training at 40 hours/week.
• Fully trained firefighters spend more than 175 hours in training to maintain their skills and keep up with the latest technology.
• We are always looking for more dedicated individuals to join our team.
Age: Applicants for the position of firefighter must be at least
18 years of age.
Training: There is no pre-requisite training for application
to the department.
Education: Applicants should have a High School diploma GED,
or be actively seeking either of these.
Experience: Prior experience is not required.
Reading & Writing: Applicants shall be able to read, write,
and understand English.
Click here to access the Hamburg Township Employment Application Form (PDF form) to complete for becoming a fire fighter.