Paid On-Call Firefighter
Each firefighter shall strive to deliver the highest quality service through training, preparedness, planning, and prevention in order to ensure that our community maintains a high quality of life.
What is a Paid On-Call Fire Department?
- A paid on-call fire department is made up of members of the community.
- All of the paid on-call members have full time jobs outside of the fire department.
- When an emergency occurs, all available paid on-call members respond.
- All paid on-call members are always on-call.
- All members are expected to respond to a minum of 10% of our calls.
- The average firefighter responds to 22% of our calls.
- Paid on-call firefighters are paid hourly for calls and training.
- Becoming a fully trained firefighter involves more than 675 hours of training during the first two (2) years. That is more than 16 weeks of training at 40 hours/week.
- Fully trained firefighters spend more than 175 hours in training to maintain their skills and keep up with the latest technology.
- We are always looking for more dedicated inviduals to join our team.