The Accounting Department performs all financial record keeping and reporting functions for the Township of Hamburg, which supports complex daily operations.
The primary responsibility of this department is to maintain the Township's financial records in accordance with the Township's ordinances, State law and generally accepted accounting principles.
Specific activities performed include:
- Bi-weekly payroll
- Accounts payable and receivable/budget monitoring
- Annual audit
- Financial management reports
- Assistance to all internal Township departments
- Assistance to:
- Hamburg Township Sewer & Water Systems
- Hamburg Township Road And Sewer District Special Assessment Districts, Library, Parks and Recreation Program (including Hamburg's portion of the Lakelands Trail maintenance)
- Senior/Community Center Program
- Police and Fire Departments
The Director of Accounting works to develop and maintain the Hamburg Township Finance Control Book.
For inquiries regarding Accounts Payable and Receivable matters, including sewer assessment payoffs, please contact Karen Jones, Accounting Clerk, at (810.231.1000 Ext. 223).
For information on purchasing, purchasing forms and requirements, and related issues, visit the Purchasing web page.
Brittany K. Campbell, the Utilities Coordinator in the Utilities Department, is the Township's Purchasing Agent. She may be contacted by phone at 810.231.1000 Ext. 210 during normal business hours.
Updated January 16, 2018