Well Hamburg Township has a newly formed Adopt-A-Garden program that needs you!
There are several gardens available for adoption, and the gardener is welcome to present a design plan for approval upon application. All volunteers who adopt a garden will be recognized with a custom plaque, and incidental costs are covered by the Township.
For more information, please reference the Application for Adopt-A-Garden by clicking this link.
The Hamburg Township Commemorative Bench and Tree Program is a meaningful way to pay tribute to
The following procedure will be followed for the purchase of either a bench or tree:
1. Visit the Hamburg Township Clerk’s office for an application, or print one from our website at: www.hamburg.mi.us. There are two separate applications dependent on if you wish to purchase a bench or tree.
2. Completed forms may be emailed or mailed to: Hamburg Township, P.O. Box 157, Hamburg, MI 48139, email@example.com, or dropped off at the Clerk’s Department.
3. Orders will not be placed without full payment.
4. Hamburg Township has specific locations available in each of the areas indicated on the order form. Purchaser can select the park, style of bench or tree, and staff at Township will work with them on selecting the final installation site.
5. Some sites may require ADA compliance which may increase the cost of the installation. The cost will be estimated and provided to the purchaser prior to final approval of the site plan. Purchaser will be responsible for additional costs.
6. Hamburg Township will notify purchaser when the installation will take place. Commemorative Bench & Tree Procedure
7. All trees come with a two-year guarantee. All benches come with a ten-year guarantee. Placement of plaque will be guaranteed for ten years after the date of installation. At Township’s discretion, if tree dies, or bench needs to be moved, the plaque will be re-placed to the nearest available location and the purchaser will be notified of the new location.
8. A record will be kept in a database in the Clerk’s office of each bench and tree sponsored.
9. Once installed, the commemorative benches and trees will be considered a public amenity, and will be maintained by the Township. The areas shall remain clear of unauthorized plantings, clutter and personal effects.
10. Custom requests will be considered, please contact the Clerk with a proposal for personalizing your project or questions about this program.
For more information, please reference the Application for Commemorative Bench Placement here.
For more information, please reference the Application for Commemorative Tree Placement here.
For more information on any of these programs, please contact:
Deby Henneman, Parks & ADA Coordinator
Anyone interested in volunteering, can fill out our inquiry form here.
Page updated: November 19, 2020 DH