Hamburg Senior Community Center
Building - Use Policy & Application
10405 Merrill Road, P.O. Box 157
Hamburg, MI 48139-0157
Phone: 810-231-1000 Ext. 225 - Office
- All Evening and Weekend Building Use requires scheduling through Parks and Recreation.
- Use Calendar for Building is available on Google and updated weekly. View here.
- Please complete and submit Community Center Application to email@example.com.
- All uses require a $100. key deposit.
Community Center Application Form
Rules & Regulations for Use
- Use of the Hamburg Township Senior/Community Center is limited to Hamburg Township residents and or non-profit or civic organizations. All applications for use must be submitted to the Township Clerk’s Department for review and approval.
- All applications for use of the facility shall be submitted no less than two weeks prior to the requested date of use. All such uses shall terminate at the end of the Township’s fiscal year (ending June 30th of every year). Thereafter, a new application must be made for each succeeding Township fiscal year or portion thereof. Maximum capacity of building is 150.
- Applications shall be made on forms provided by the Clerk’s Department. All applications must be signed by an authorized party representing the group or organization or individual. The Township Board reserves the right to revoke any approved use with due notice.
- The applicant may be asked to furnish proof of liability insurance with an endorsement showing Hamburg Township as an additional insured for an event, if the Clerk or the Hamburg Township Board so requests, in amounts to be established by the Township.
- A front door entrance key and alarm code will be assigned to any applicant who applies for a reoccurring meeting. There will only be one key assigned per group. A $100 key deposit is required at the time of issuance. The applicant agrees that said key will not be copied or loaned to others. If said key is lost (and/or loaned) the $100 deposit is forfeited and use of the facility may be suspended or canceled entirely. Unscheduled use of the facility will result in an automatic loss of deposit.
- A front door entrance key and key fob will be assigned to any applicant who applies for infrequent meeting such as annual or quarterly. A $100 key/code deposit is required at the time of issuance. The applicant must contact the Clerk’s Department to see if the facility is available on the date desired, complete an application, and receive approval which can take up to 5 business days. The applicant agrees that said key will not be copied or loaned to others. If said key is lost (and/or loaned) the $100 deposit is forfeited and use of the facility may be suspended. Unscheduled use of the facility will result in an automatic loss of deposit.
- The facility is accessible through the front double doors of the building. It is the responsibility of the applicant to secure, lock and alarm the building prior to exiting. Should the facility be left unlocked and unalarmed, the organization will forfeit their deposit and must re-apply for use (including an additional $100 deposit). Future use may not be guaranteed.
- For infrequent use, Applicants have seven (7) days after the scheduled date of the use of the facility to return the key (and fob if applicable) to Hamburg Township or the $100 deposit is forfeited. When the key is returned within 7 days to the Township Clerk’s Department, Hamburg Township will reimburse the applicant their $100 deposit within the following thirty (30) days. Users who have reoccurring use of the Center are issued codes and retain their keys until use of the Center is no longer needed. Refunds will be processed at that time.
- All approved users will be responsible for any damage done to the Community Center resulting from their use of the premises. Hamburg Township is not responsible for damages to any property that belongs to the applicant or users of the premises. Any property that is brought on premises must be removed when the function ends, before the building and premises are vacated.
- Hanging of any documents, signs, posters, pictures or similar items, is not permitted on any surface in the Senior/Community Center. If for any reason, it is determined that it is necessary to re-key the Senior/Community Center due to the negligence of the party who has utilized the facility, the Township has the right to charge the party for any costs incurred.
- All approved users shall have the facility cleaned up, locked up and shall vacate the Township premises by 11:00 p.m. No applicant shall be on the premises after this time without express permission from the Township Board.
- If applicants serve food or refreshments, all means of serving same shall be furnished by the applicant. None of the facility’s cooking or refrigeration equipment or supplies may be used. NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES ARE ALLOWED ON THE PREMISES. NO PARTIES, SHOWERS, OR MEETINGS OF A PARTISIAN POLITICAL NATURE ARE ALLOWED. NO RELIGIOUS RELATED ACTIVITIES OR SERVICES ARE ALLOWED. FUNDRAISING EVENTS ARE ALLOWED HOWEVER, ONLY WITH PRIOR TOWNSHIP BOARD APPROVAL. NO SMOKING IS ALLOWED IN THE BUILDING. IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE ORGANIZATION TO REMOVE THEIR TRASH AND RETURN ALL ROOMS TO THEIR ORIGINAL CONDITION. KITCHEN USE IS PROHIBITED.
- All items dealing with the application requirements, not specifically mentioned or defined above shall be subject to the interpretation and discretion of the Township Board and Township Clerk.
Revised: 4/14/99, 9/14/99, 11/05/99, 11/10/99, 12/01/99, 10/07/03, 3/15/11, 7/1/14, 1/7/20
Hamburg Senior Community Center
10407 Merrill Road
P.O. Box 157
Hamburg, MI 48139 USA
Phone: 1.810.231.1000 Ext. 225
Direct Dial: 1.810.222.1140
- Julie Eddings
Senior Program Director
- Christine Hoskins
- Carol Kolad - Assistant
- Linda Bauby - Assistant
Contact for Evening and Weekend Building Use:
10405 Merrill Road
P.O. Box 157
Hamburg, Michigan 48139
(810) 231-1000 - X-218
(810) 222-1124 Direct Dial
Deby Henneman, Parks & ADA Coordinator - firstname.lastname@example.org
Updated February 4, 2020 DH