- View Printable February 2020 Newsletter
- View Printable January Activity Calendar
- View Printable February Activity Calendar
December 2019 - January 2020
Greetings From Julie...
I would like to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a happy and healthy New Year! Enjoy this special time of year with your family and friends.
This newsletter is a two for one deal! With hustle and bustle of the Holidays we thought it would easer if we combined the December and January newsletter into one big newsletter So grab a cup of hot chocolate and get comfy--there's a lot of information coming at you!!
The month of December kicks off with our Kiwanis Christmas Luncheon. The doors for this event open at 10:30. Come enjoy community, great food and entertainment with us! Tickets are $5 per person and we still have some tickets left!! Also in December, Paparazzi Jewelry will be here on December 13 at 1:00. Come shop and get some cute last minute gifts or stocking stuffers!! All items are just $5. On December 17 at 1:00, let's share some Christmas joy with a caroling session lead by our very own Pipers!! You bring your singing voices and I'll bring the cookies!! The Senior Center Bus will be busy this month too!! We are headed to Red Robin for lunch on the 11th and to Great Lakes Crossing Mall on December 18th!!
On January 22, WellsBrooke will be here with a Lunch & Learn all about heart health. They will be providing a pizza lunch for us! We will also have a Vintage Valentine Class taught by our very own Nancy Jones on January 27th. The Senior Center Bus will be heading to Olive Garden on January 15, MJR Movies on January 22, and Okemos mall on January 29th. Sign up sheets for all the events will be on the lobby table or give the office a call and we can sign you up!!
I want to take a moment to thank all of the wonderful volunteers who helped make our Annual Holiday Bazaar a success. We could not put this together without all of you and I am so grateful for all of your time and effort. I was so impressed by the way you all responded to the medical emergency at the event. You all did what needed to be done quickly and without hesitation. You inspire me to be better everyday. And for that, I thank you.
Have a wonderful couple of months, full of holiday cheer and all the blessing that the season brings!!
*** Here is some more detailed information regarding the Transportation Service which has just started at the Senior Center. The Hamburg Township Senior Center/LETS Bus Program is easy and fun to use! Follow the simple steps and LETS will do the driving:
1) If you wish to be picked up at your home on a Monday, Wednesday or Friday (between 9 and 10 am), you must make a reservation through the Hamburg Senior Center by Wednesday the week before. You don't need to go on any day trips but can enjoy the activities at the center all day long. If you would like to buy lunch at the center (for $), you must to call the center the day before to add your name to the lunch list. You are also welcome to bring in your own bag lunch. The fee to be picked up and or dropped off at your home is $1 each way.
2) You may take the bus into Brighton or Howell without signing up ahead of time (first come basis until the bus is full ) for only $1 round trip! Specific locations for drop offs change daily and are based on the passengers requests that day. If you are taking the bus for a medical appointment, it is suggested that you call the center ahead of time to secure a seat and that destination.
3) Take a brochure from the pocket on this board so that you will have the bus driver's phone number. The driver will specify a pick up time for you as you are dropped off at the various locations of your choosing in Brighton and Howell.
4) Plan a luncheon, a movie date or shopping trip with friends and enjoy their company while LETS does the driving! A regular Friday Lunch Bunch group is being considered with new restaurants being chosen for each week. Ask for more information in the office or look for sign up sheets in the lobby.
This program is being piloted in Hamburg Township and will only be continued if we use the service! You don't have to be a member of the Senior Center to ride with LETS, so encourage other seniors in your neighbors to call the Senior Center for a pick up or catch the bus at the Senior Center and ride to Brighton or Howell as well.
Senior Program Director
Hamburg Senior Community Center
10407 Merrill Road
P.O. Box 157
Hamburg, MI 48139 USA
Phone: 1.810.231.1000 Ext. 225
Direct Dial: 1.810.222.1142 or 810.222.1140
- Julie Eddings
Senior Program Director
- Christine Hoskins
- Carol Kolad & Linda Bauby
Updated January 2, 2020