Tax Cycle News
Summer 2020 Taxes: Mailed out to Hamburg property owners on July 1, 2020. Due September 14, 2020 before 5:00 p.m.
After September 14, 2020, 5: 00 p.m. interest will accrue as follows:
1 % September 15 th
2% October 1st
3% November 1st
4% December 1st
5% January 1st
6% February 1st
Summer 2020 Taxes: Mailed out to Hamburg property owners on July 1, 2020. Due September 14, 2020. 1% interest will be added on September 15, 2% October 1st, 3% November 1st, 4% December 1st, 5% January 1st and 6% February 1st. (Do not add interest to administrative fee.)
Summer 2020 taxes are payable in the Hamburg Township Treasurer's Office through February 28, 2021. If delinquent, please call the Treasurer's Office at 810-231-1000 Ext. 205 to verify the amount due which will include interest and penalties.
If you complete an Application for Deferment of Summer 2020 Taxes, and qualify for the deferment, your Summer 2020 Taxes are due by February 14, 2021, without penalty or interest.
Please be advised that interest accrues monthly on the above dates for any unpaid balance due.
Also, please note that the Total Tax Billed amount for the current tax cycle bill DOES NOT INCLUDE INTEREST AND/OR PENALTIES DUE FOR ANY OTHER PREVIOUS UNPAID TAX BILLS.
- Winter 2020 Taxes: Mailed out to Hamburg property owners on December 1, 2020.
- Debit/Credit Card Payments: All payments are processed immediately on your credit or debit card. Your payment will be applied to your taxes the following business day.
For more information on making payments, visit the Treasurer's "Making Payments" web page
Please make all checks payable to: Hamburg Township Treasurer. The mailing address is: 10405 Merrill Road, P.O. Box 157, Hamburg, Michigan 48139-0157.
After hours payments may be placed in the Drop Box in front of the Township Hall Offices building, and will be collected and processed on the next business day.
PLEASE MAKE YOUR CHECK OUT FOR THE EXACT AMOUNT. Overpayments are returned in full to the taxpayer; underpayments are receipted in and a bill for the balance is mailed to the taxpayer.
- IF YOU HAVE AN ESCROW ACCOUNT WITH YOUR BANK OR MORTGAGE COMPANY, PLEASE DO NOT PAY YOUR TAX BILL.
- We recommend that you confirm with your escrow agent that they have requested a tax bill from our office. Duplicate payments are refunded to the party who paid last.
- It is not always possible to break large bills, as the office keeps minimal change on hand for security reasons. Please pay with smaller denominations when possible.
- Current taxes may be paid with Discover, NYCE, PULSE, Star, VISA, MasterCard or American Express, by Internet or by phone to "Value Payments." Credit card/debit payments are accepted at the Township offices and online on our website. Information is located on the back of your tax bill. Please note there is a convenience fee associated with this type of payment.
Treasurer's Department | Hamburg Township Michigan USA
MAILING ADDRESS: 10405 MERRILL ROAD | POST OFFICE BOX 157 | HAMBURG, MICHIGAN 48139 USA
Business Hours: Monday - Friday | 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.| Fax: 810.231.4295
Jason Negri, Treasurer | 810.231.1000 Ext. 204
Tricia Wiggle-Bazzy | Deputy Treasurer | 810.231.1000 Ext. 205
Susan Deadman | Treasurer's Clerk | 810.231.1000 Ext. 219
Tabatha Isenbarg | Treasurer's Assistant | 810.231.1000 Ext. 217
Updated June 9,2020