Hamburg Township is now using BS&A Online Payments for utility and tax bills.
Hamburg Township Treasurer's office encourages residents to utilize the drop box or the use of our online bill pay system for payments. Please do not put cash in the drop box. All payments put in drop will be processed the next business day. If you have questions, please contact the Treasurer's office staff via the contact info at the bottom of this web page.
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, you will notice changes to the way the township conducts business. The following are changes that have been made for your safety and the safety of others.
* We ask that you utilize making payments by mail, online, or place in our drop box; located in the parking lot in front of the township.
* We are asking that you limit the use of cash and that you prepare your checks before you enter the office. Please call us at (810) 231-1000 ext 260 if you have questions regarding an amount.
* If you need or want a receipt, please provide us with your email address or enclose a self-addressed, stamped envelope.
* If it is necessary to enter the building, we strongly recommend that all visitors wear a face mask and you will be required to follow the 6-foot social distancing requirement and follow the markings as to where to stand and walk through the township hall.
* We request that any business that does not need to be conducted in person be done by phone, email, drop box or mail.
A MESSAGE REGARDING PAYING PROPERTY TAXES FROM THE TOWNSHIP TREASURER'S OFFICE
if you are a property owner and you want to pay your property taxes by credit card, you need to do this by February 28, 2021 by 11:59 PM for the Treasurer's Office to get payment in time for March 1, 2021 deadline.
NOTE: FAILURE TO RECEIVE A UTILITY BILL OR A PROPERTY TAX BILL DOES NOT RELEASE THE PROPERTY OWNER FROM PAYING THE BILL, NOR FOR ANY PENALTIES OR INTEREST CHARGED FOR DELINQUENCIES. THE TREASURER IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR UNDELIVERED UTILITY OR TAX BILLS OR WRONG PARCEL DESCRIPTIONS.
- Deposit Drop Box: For your convenience, the Township has a drop box located in front of the Township Hall for payments made after hours. Please use only checks or money orders when using the drop box for payments. Any payments made after 5:00 p.m. will be applied on the next business day.
- Credit Card: Payments made online or at the Treasurer's office.
- Cash: It is not always possible to break large bills, as the office keeps minimal change on hand for security reasons. Please pay with smaller denominations when possible.
- Checks: Make checks payable to "Hamburg Township Treasurer" and include your current telephone number and the parcel number of the property.
- Partial Payments: The Treasurer does take partial payments for taxes, but any amount not paid by the due date will go delinquent, and will incur penalties and interest.
Treasurer's Department | Hamburg Township Michigan USA
MAILING ADDRESS: 10405 MERRILL ROAD | POST OFFICE BOX 157 | HAMBURG, MICHIGAN 48139 USA
Business Hours: Monday - Friday | 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.| Fax: 810.231.4295
Jason Negri, Treasurer | 810.231.1000 Ext. 204
Tricia Wiggle-Bazzy | Deputy Treasurer | 810.231.1000 Ext. 205
Susan Deadman | Treasurer's Clerk | 810.231.1000 Ext. 219
Tabatha Isenbarg | Treasurer's Assistant | 810.231.1000 Ext. 217
Updated February 26, 2020