APRIL IS SAFE DIGGING MONTH IN MICHIGAN:
Do it yourselfers and commercial contractors are being encouraged to get utility lines staked before starting outdoor projects.
Governor Gretchen Whitmer has declared April to be Safe Digging Month. As the weather gets warmer, the Township is reminding anyone who has a digging project scheduled to call MISS DIG at 8-1-1 before putting tools in the ground. If you are using power tools to do so, it’s more than just a suggestion, it’s the law. The Township’s Department of Public Works (DPW) highly recommends anyone digging with hand tools like shovels or even garden spades err on the side of safety and call. The biggest increase in residential damages last year came from fencing installation, with landscaping projects also being high on the list.
After calling MISS DIG, a representative will be out within 3 working days to mark all lines, and if the homeowner is home at the time, will be able to answer any questions they may have. If a project is scheduled to come within 4 feet of a line, the Township recommends digging carefully with hand tools or moving the project further away. The service is free, and can be scheduled by calling 8-1-1, or visiting the link below.
The purpose of the Utilities Department is to:
- Sewers: assist property owners with the process of connecting to the Hamburg Township Sanitary Sewer System
- Roads: offer assistance to homeowners on private roads through road maintenance and road improvement special assessment districts.
- Water: assist property owners with the process of connecting to the portions of Livingston Community Water Authority serving Hamburg Township.
The purpose of the Utilities Department is to assist property owners with the process of connecting to the Hamburg Township Sanitary Sewer System (HTSSS).
- Overview - The Sewer System
- DPW/Wastewater Treatment Plant
- Sewer Rates
- Sewer System Document s- Ordinances, Policies & Procedures, Application Forms, Installation/Hook-Up/Un-Hook-Up Information, Approved Contractors
- About E-One Grinder Pumps
- Grinder Pump Care
- Sewer Alarms & Emergencies
- Portage Base Lakes Sewer Authority
The Utilities Department also offers assistance to homeowners on private roads through road maintenance and road improvement special assessment districts.
Browse through information regarding the process of how to establish a road maintenance/improvement district, services available through the Township, and what law enables the Township to offer this type of program.
For most locations within Hamburg Township, water services are provided by private wells located on each property.
There is a portion of the Township that is served by the Livingston Community Water Authority.
10405 Merrill Road
6400 East M-36
BRITTANY K. CAMPBELL