Hamburg Township, through a Resolution of the Township Board of Trustees, has elected to be incorporated into the Livingston County Emergency Management Program. On December 1, 2015, the Township Board of Trustees adopted the Hamburg Township Emergency Preparedness Policy which contains the Township’s Support Emergency Operations Plan, General Emergency Management Guidelines, Emergency Management Response Procedures, and Emergency Action Guidelines.
The Township’s Emergency Management Policy officially appoints the Livingston County Emergency Management Coordinator to also act as the Hamburg Township Emergency Management Coordinator. It also appoints the Hamburg Township Director of Public safety/Police Chief to serve as the Municipal Emergency Management Liaison responsible for working with the County Emergency Management Coordinator on matters pertaining to Hamburg Township.
Hamburg Township Director of Public Safety/Police Chief Richard Duffany, working with the Township’s Public Safety Administration, has the responsibility of ensuring that the Township has the adequate planning and resources in place to effectively mitigate, respond and recover from all natural and human-made disasters within Hamburg Township.
- Livingston County Emergency Management: https://www.livgov.com/emergencymanagement/
- MSP Emergency Managment Division: https://www.michigan.gov/msp/0,4643,7-123-72297_60152---,00.html
- FEMA: https://www.fema.gov/
- READY.GOV: https://www.ready.gov/
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA): https://www.epa.gov/
- National Weather Service: https://www.weather.gov/
Updated April 17, 2020