In the Law Room, you will be able to search and view Hamburg Township's ordinances and plans online.
Click on the links above to access the ordinances and plans. Access is free, and you may save copies of files on your computer at no charge.
For paper copies of documents or maps, or electronic versions of the documents on discs, please contact the Hamburg Township Clerk's office.
Ordinance and plan files are in Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) format.
NOTE: The ordinance files are rather large files, many with color maps and tables, which may take 30 to 60 seconds to load depending upon your computer's processing capabilities and your type of internet connection. Please be patient. Thank you.
ABOUT HAMBURG TOWNSHIP
Hamburg Township was organized as a township in 1837. We are a "general law" township as defined under Michigan law. Hamburg is a "zoned" community. Zoning was first enacted in 1968. Hamburg Township participates in the National Flood Insurance Program and is a Community Rating Service Class 8 community. Many areas of the township are served by sewer service, and some are served by water service. The Township supports its own fire and police departments. Hamburg's fiscal year begins July 1st and ends June 30th. In the 2000 Census, Hamburg had 20,627 people. In the 2010 Census, Hamburg had 21,165 people.
Note: The entire Hamburg Township Zoning Ordinance was revised and readopted by the Township Board, with an effective adoption date of May 6, 2009.
- Table of Contents
- Art.1: Title, Purpose, Rules Applying to Text, Enabling Authority
- Art. 2: Definitions
- Art. 3: Administration
- Art. 4: Site Plan Review
- Art. 5: Enforcement
- Art. 6: Zoning Board of Appeals
- Art. 7: District Regulations
- Art. 8: Supplementary Provisions
- Art. 9: Environmental Provisions
- Art. 10: Parking, Loading & Driveways
- Art. 11: Non-conforming Lots, Buildings, Structures, Uses and Sites
- Article 2 Definitions, Article 7 Section 7.5.1 and 7.7.1 - Poultry Ordinance Text Amendment
- Article 8, Section 8.24 Bed and Breakfast Wedding and Indoor Concert Event Text Amendment
- Section 7.3 Application of District Regulations Text Amendment
- Section 7.5.1 CS and VC District and Section 8.28 Showroom and Sales of New and Used Automobiles and Motorcycles
- Article 7 and 8 Sections 7.51 and 8.27 Accessory Dwelling Unit Text Amendments
- Article 11: Nonconforming Lots, Buildings, Structures, Uses and Sites Text Amendment
- Section 12.2.3 Procedures for Amendment Text Amendment
- Zoning Text Amendment 15-002 - Article 2 - Definitions, and Article 8 Supplementary Provisions, Section 8.17 Yard Encroachments.
- Zoning Text Amendment 15-003 - An Ordinance to amend Articles 2 and 7 - Major/Minor Automobile Repair.
- ZTA 15-005 Article 8 Section 8.14 Fences Walls and Screens
- ZTA 16-001 Article 2 Definitions, Article 8, Section 8.17 Yard Encroachments
- ZTA-16-002 Article 2 Definitions and Article 7, Section 7.6.1 (Lot Coverage)
- ZTA15-004 Article 8 Section 8.2 and Article 18 Signs.pdf
- ZTA16-004 Article 2; Article 3, Sections 3.3, 3.6 and 3.7; Article 4, Section 4.5; Articile 7, Section 7... - HERB
Zoning Ordinance Text Amendments