COMMUNITY BULLETIN BOARD
- THURSDAY, DECEMBER 6, 2018 - AUDITIONS FOR "SINGIN' IN THE RAIN JR." :The Community Theatre of Howell proudly announces auditions for Singin' in the Rain Jr. See website for detailed character descriptions and age requirements. Auditions will be held at: Howell High School Freshman Campus, December 6th-8th.
- THURSDAY, DECEMBER 6, 2018 - LESA ANNUAL CRAFT SHOW AT PATHWAY SCHOOL:Livingston ESA will host its Annual Craft Show on December 6th, from 9am-5pm at the Pathway School. The community can shop and support the students as they make holiday decorations, gifts, and food. The address is 1429 W Grand River Ave, Howell.
- FRIDAY, DECEMBER 7, 2018 - "HOLIDAY IN THE PARK" GRAND OPENING IN HOWELL:This year Howell Area Parks & Recreation is lighting up the City Park with 12 different classic holiday movie scenes, as well as Christmas trees decorated by local families. People will be able to drive around and view everything that is on display in the park. On December 7th there will be a grand opening where people can take pictures with Santa, write letters to the North Pole, and enjoy some hot cocoa and cookies. The cost is $5 per vehicle, 6pm-9pm.
- FRIDAY, DECEMBER 7, 2018 - LESA SNACK PACK DRIVE:The Education Project's snack pack drive through LESA is now through December 7th. Donations can be dropped off at LESA between 7:30am and 4:30pm Monday through Friday. Snack items include but are not limited to crackers, chips, oatmeal, granola bars, applesauce/pudding, fruit snacks, ramen noodles, juice boxes/water, pretzels, popcorn, etc. All snacks packs will be given to homeless students in Livingston County over winter break. If you need more information please don't hesitate to call 517-540-6834.
- FRIDAY, DECEMBER 7, 2018 - OLIVIA MILLERSCHIN AT HOWELL OPERA HOUSE: Don't miss this holiday themed concert by "America's Got Talent" finalist Olivia Millerschin, appearing at the Howell Opera House on Friday, December 7th. Doors open at 7pm, show begins at 7:30pm. Ticket price is $10 in advance or $15 at the door. Purchase by calling our office at 517-540-0065.
- SATURDAY, DECEMBER 8, 2018 - LIVE NATIVITY AT HARDY UNITED METHODIST CHURCH:Hardy United Methodist Church is hosting the annual live Nativity on Saturday, December 8th from 6:30-8pm, with the last showing at 8pm. The pageant is performed every 1/2 hour outdoors. There are live animals to pet, nativity displays, and refreshments in the church basement. Hardy is located at 6510 E. Highland Rd. Howell Further info, call the church--517-546-1122.
- SATURDAY, DECEMBER 8TH AND SUNDAY, DECEMBER 9TH, 2018 - CHRISTMAS PLAY "WHO STOLE CHRISTMAS?" AT CROSSROADS CHURCH OF GOD: The children believe that Christmas without gifts is no Christmas at all. The parents devise a plan that they hope will allow the children to seek out the true meaning of Christmas. Come see what happens in our family friendly play about "Who stole Christmas?" December 8th & 9th at 6pm, at Crossroads Church of God 3940 Pinckney Road, Howell 517-546-0722 for more info.
- SATURDAY,DECEMBER 8TH: CTH HOLIDAY MARKET AT HOWELL FRESHMAN CAMPUS:The Community Theatre of Howell's annual Holiday Market is Saturday, December 8th from 10am-3pm at the Howell Freshman campus. The market will include direct sale vendors, craft businesses, entertainment, photos with Santa, cake walk and more. For more information visit the website.
- SATURDAY, DECEMBER 8TH, 2018 - HANDEL'S "MESSIAH" AT HARTLAND MUSIC HALL: This is the 86th annual performance of Handel's Messiah at the Hartland Music Hall. The performance will be on Saturday, December 8th at 6:30pm. It will be performed by the Hartland Community Chorus, directed by Kelli Falls. Tickets are available for $10 each. You can purchase tickets from members of the Chorus, or at the door, or at Cromaine District Library, or at the Hartland Community Education Center.
- SATURDAY, DECEMBER 8, 2018 - 250 NATIVITY DISPLAY OPEN HOUSE:250 Nativity Display Open House on Saturday, December 8th from noon-8pm. Fellowship Bible Church, 2500 Hartland Rd, Hartland. A free gift for the community. Refreshments & crafts for the kids. Experience the true meaning of Christmas in a real and personal way. Call the Church at 810-632-7263 for more information.
- ASATURDAY, DECEMBER 8TH-SUNDAY, DECEMBER 9TH, 2018 - PET PHOTOS WITH SANTA:Santa photos with you and or your pet at Pet Supplies Plus, 2649 E. Grand River in Howell on December 8th and 9th from 11am-3pm on both days. $14 donation per photo. Photo will be available that day. 100% of proceeds to benefit the animals at Livingston County Animal Shelter and Always Hope Animal Rescue. For more info call 810-220-7387 or email FriendsOfLCAS@gmail.com
- SATURDAY, DECEMBER 8, 2018 - COOKIE WALK, BAKE SALE & GIFT BOUTIQUE:St. Paul’s Episcopal Church by the Mill Pond in Brighton on Saturday December, 8th from 9-3pm. All homemade bake goods, and crafts. Free admission.
- SATURDAY, DECEMBER 8TH-SUNDAY, DECEMBER 9TH, 2018 - "THE NUTCRACKER" AT BCPA: Livingston County's Original Nutcracker proudly presents its 33rd performance season. Please come enjoy this full length, favorite holiday classical ballet featuring a cast of over 100 local dancers and supporting cast. Professional guest artists from New York, Francis Lawrence and Xiaoxiao Cao, will grace our stage dancing the Sugar Plum Pas de Deux and returning from Puerto Rico again this year is Nutcracker, Francisco Rivera. The Brighton Center for Performing Arts at 7878 Brighton Road on December 8th at 2pm and 6:30pm and December 9th at 2pm. For tickets, please call TUTUTIX: 1-855-222-2TIX *After Friday, December 7th, any remaining tickets will be sold only ‘at the door’.
- SATURDAY, DECEMBER 8, 2018 - BREAKFAST WITH SANTA AT BRIGHTON COMNMUNITY ED: Breakfast with Santa at Brighton Community Ed on Saturday December 8th. The buffet-style breakfast includes: scrambled eggs, sausage, pancakes, fruit and beverage. After you eat be sure to visit with Santa, have your photo taken, parents be sure to bring your camera and pick up a special gift. Register by December 3rd at www.brightoncommunityed.com.
- SATURDAY, DECEMBER 8, 2018 - BREAKFAST WITH SANTA WITH PINCKNEY KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS: The Pinckney Knights of Columbus is having their annual Breakfast with Santa on Saturday, December 8th, from 9am-11am. This will be held at St. Mary Catholic Church, 10601 Dexter Pinckney Road in Pinckney. This includes a pancake & sausage breakfast, crafts for the kids, and a visit from Santa Claus himself. Cost is a free will donation or an unwrapped toy for Toy for Tots. For more information, call Santa's helper at Kevin at 734-646-2010.
- Updated December 6, 2018