COMMUNITY BULLETIN BOARD
- TUESDAY, APRIL 23, 2019 - LIVINGSTON COUNTY PARKINSON'S SUPPORT GROUP: The Livingston County Parkinson's Support Group will meet at 4pm in Community Room 2 of St. Joseph Mercy Livingston Hospital, 620 Byron Road, Howell. Park in the rear west parking lot and enter through the west entrance canopy. The speaker is Denise Vanattan from MSU Neurology. She will give an overview of PD and the various medical interventions. After the formal presentation, an open discussion will take place. For more information, contact Dr. Stuart Blatt at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 810-923-8970.
- SUNDAY, APRIL 25, 2019 - LIVINGSTON COUNTY WOMEN'S CHORUS CONCERT:event website for more details
- SATURDAY, APRIL 25, 2019 - "CELEBRATION OF LIFE" EVENT: Pregnancy Help Clinic specializes in providing women with vital information regarding pregnancy through licensed medical professionals and providing parenting support until children are 3 years old. Join them for the Celebration of Life Fundraiser at the NAZ in Brighton. Tickets cost $20. You can expect a hearty appetizer, and dessert buffet, themed baskets, and specialty item drawings, live music and more.
- APRIL 26TH-28TH/MAY 2ND, 4TH, 5TH, 2019 - "THE MUSIC MAN" AT HARTLAND HIGH SCHOOL:
Hartland Drama Club presents The Music Man, April 26th-28th, and May 2nd, 4th and 5th, at Hartland High School. Tickets available online and at the door. Individual tickets are $15 for adults and $13 for students, children and seniors.
- SATURDAY, APRIL 27, 2019 - "FIBERS & FLOWERS ART/CRAFT SALE" - BLACK SHEEP WEAVERS GUILD: Black Sheep Weavers’ Fiber Guild Spring sale is Saturday, April 27st, 9am-5pm and Sunday, April 28nd from 10am-3pm. Find handmade garments, fiber & beaded jewelry, purses, quilts, baskets, cards, rugs, home decor & more. Also hand-dyed fabrics, plus cashmere, angora, alpaca & wool roving and handspun yarn. Held in the Bogie Lake Greenhouses, 1525 Bogie Lk. Rd. in White Lake.
- SATURDAY, APRIL 27, 2019 - "ALL ABOUT THAT BRASS" AT SHALOM LUTHERAN CHURCH: Shalom Lutheran Church is hosting a concert on April 27th, located on M-36 in Pinckney at 7pm. Join them for a mix of jazz, classical and gospel music, provided by a brass quintet, cello, and piano. Complimentary champagne too.
- SATURDAY, APRIL 27, 2019 - FUNDRAISER FOR WHITMORE LAKE FIREWORKS: Beer and wine tasting and on line silent auction and light appetizers fundraiser at the Whitmore Links Golf Club. Entertainment provide by Dance Pro DJ To benefit the Whitmore lake Fireworks. Tickets are $25 in advance /$30 at the door. Tickets are available at whitmorelakefireworks.org or contact Vikki at 810 588 1585.
- MONDAY, APRIL 29, 2019 - "COFFEE WITH COPS" AT AUNTY BETTY RESTAURANT: The Livingston County Sheriff's Office Community Outreach Unit is hosting Coffee with Cops on April 29th from 10am-noon. They will be at Aunt Betty restaurant in the Village of Pinckney. The Sheriff's office will be joined by the Unadilla Township, Pinckney, Hamburg Township and Green Oak Township Police Departments.
- TUESDAY, APRIL 30, 2019 - BUILDER LICENSING REQUIRED CONTINUING COMPETENCY CLASS: Builder Licensing Required Continuing Competency Class is a 3 hour training session required by the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulation prior to builder and M&A license renewal May 31st. 1 hour of codes, 1 hour of law, 1 hour of safety. Tuesday, April 30th at the Livingston County Building Department in Howell. Registration required: Email email@example.com or call 810-227-6210.
- WEDNESDAY, MAY 1, 2019 - BRIGHTON ART GUILD MEETUP: Lori Taylor: From Artist to Author/Illustrator. After 30 years of creating and exhibiting layered, mixed media art, Lori took her artistic and storytelling skills and leaped into the exciting realm of children’s books, the ups and downs of indie publishing and marketing, as well as offering suggestions and discussion on how to build a book. 6:30-9pm. Brighton District Library, 100 Library Dr. brightonartguild.com or Mary Lou 304-415-0023 for info.
- THURSDAY, MAY 2, 2019 - SECOND CHANCE CELEBRATION & NATIONAL DAY OF PRAYER: Second Chance Support Network will celebrate the miracle of prayer and of second chances. They will honor those who commit to transform, those who walk beside them as mentors, and those who support men and women who need a second chance. Message, call, or email to sign up as an individual, a table captain, or as a sponsor. There is No cost to attend, at 2|42 Community Church.
- FRIDAY, MAY 3, 2019 - SPAGHETTI/CONEY DOG DINNER WITH BRIGHTON LIONS: Brighton Lions will host an all you can eat Spaghetti/Coney Dog Dinner, Friday Mat 3rd, downtown Brighton, Main Street at the railroad tracks, 4pm-7pm. Children 6-12: $3, adults: $7, seniors: $6, and 5 and under are free (with paid adult). All proceeds will benefit the Brighton Lions Club and Community Den, with their many local, state, and international projects. For further information phone: 734-260-5539 or 734-320-5030.
- SATURDAY, MAY 4, 2019 - LSO/LYO JOIN SPRING CONCERT: The Livingston Symphony Orchestra under conductor Dr. David Schultz and the Livingston Youth Orchestra under conductor Joseph Alcocer proudly present a joint Spring Concert Saturday May 4th at 7pm, Brighton Nazarene Church. Visit the website for more info. Visit event website for more details
- SATURDAY, MAY 4, 2019 - MOTHER & DAUGHTER TEA PARTY AT BRIGHTON COMMUNITY ED: Join Brighton Community Ed for an afternoon of dress up, tea and crumpets on May 4th. Come in your most girly outfit complete with boas, hats and gloves. Tea, punch, finger sandwiches and sweet treats will be provided. Maribeth Regnier will be showcasing her 180 fashion dolls in their hand-knitted designs that replicate adult fashion throughout history.
- SUNDAY, MAY 5, 2019 - COUNTRY STYLE BREAKFAST - ST. MARY MEN'S CLUB: On Sunday, May 5th, St Mary Men’s Club in Pinckney is sponsoring our monthly “Country Style Breakfast” at the Parish located south of M-36 at 10601 Dexter Pinckney Road in Putnam Township. Breakfast is served 8:30-11am and is a free-will donation. Proceeds will be used to help with the maintenance of our Parish Kitchen. The menu includes: fried or scrambled eggs, hash browns, biscuits and gravy, French toast, pancakes, quiche, ham, pork sausage, and of course the renowned “waffle station”. For further information call Heather at Parish Office 734-878-3161.
- MAY OPEN HOUSES - FENTON SAILING CLUB: The Lake Fenton Sailing Club is hosting three open houses this spring (May 8th from 5:30pm-8pm, May 15th from 5:30pm-8pm and May 18th from 1pm-4pm.) Located about 25 minutes from Howell (2301 Senora Drive in Fenton). The LFSC’s mission is to promote competitive sailing and family fun. If you are interested in learning more about the club and seeing our facilities, come on down to the club for a taco dinner. Please RSVP on their website or by calling 810-629-9117.
- SATURDAY, MAY 11, 2019 - MOM TO MOM SALE AT BRIGHTON HIGH SCHOOL: Mom to Mom Sale will be held at Brighton High School from 12pm-4pm. Admission is $1; $2 early bird from 12pm-1pm. Sale is department store style. There will be clothes, large items, maternity, toys, bedding, feeding items, etc. LAPOM - Livingston Area Parents of Multiples, a nonprofit. Find them on facebook.
- SATURDAY, MAY 11, 2019 - LIVINGSTON COUNTY COIN CLUB: Livingston County Coin Club Spring Show 9:30am-3:30pm at the Howell Recreation Center, 925 W. Grand River. Free parking and admission with hourly door prizes. Coins and paper money bought and sold. Exhibits and free appraisals. Contact Steve at 734-645-7265 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- SATURDAY, MAY 11, 2019 - LCCB PRESENTS: "THE MAGIC OF MUSIC AND ILLUSION": Livingston County Concert Band Presents: The Magic of Music and Illusion on May 11th. The concert features the incredible magical feats of Jonathan LaChance as well as several mystical compositions to delights guests of all ages. Half-magician, half-comedian, Jonathan LaChance has made a career our of simultaneously blowing minds and splitting sides at theaters and festivals across the country. Program to be held at the Rod Bushey Performing Arts Center at Howell High School from 4pm-5:30pm. Tickets can be purchased at the door, adults-$10, seniors -$8 and students and children are free.
- SUNDAY, MAY 12, 2019 - MOTHERS DAY BRUNCH AT AMERICAN SPIRIT CENTRE: The American Spirit Centre, located on Grand River in Brighton, will be hosting a Mothers Day Brunch from 10am-1pm on May 12th. Enjoy a huge buffet including pancakes, French toast, biscuits and gravy, corn beef hash, plus there will be an omelette station, fruit bar and pastry station. Entrees include Chicken Marsala, roast beef, roast pork, lasagna, fried cod and more. Adults $17, 12 and under $10. under 4 eat free. Reservations encouraged call 810-599-2153 or 810-599-2613.
- FRIDAY, MAY 17, 2019 - BENEFIT SPAGHETTI DINNR FOR VIETNAM MOVING WALL COMING TO HAMBURG TOWNSHIP: Spaghetti Dinner to benefit the Vietnam Moving Wall will be held on May 17th from 5pm-8pm. Entertainment along with a silent auction and 50/50 drawings. Pay at the door adults $10, children under 12 are $6. American Spirit Centre on Grand River, Brighton. The Vietman Moving Wall is coming to Hamburg Township August 29th-September 2nd. Call 810-229-9088 for more info.
- SATURDAY, MAY 18, 2019 - LADIES DAY & TEA AT WHITMORE LAKE METHODIST CHURCH: Presented by the Abigail Circle, Whitmore Lake Methodist Church, 9318 main St, Whitmore Lake. 10 AM-2 PM. $3 admission at the door or call 248-573-7613 for info/tickets. Shopping, tea and sweet treats.
Updated: April 23, 2019