COMMUNITY BULLETIN BOARD
- Friday, June 28, 2019 - Concerts At The Courthouse - Concerts at the Courthouse return to the Courthouse amphitheatre every Friday at 7pm beginning June 28th-August 23rd. This year’s series begins with Magic Bus, a psychedelic rock tribute to the Woodstock era. In the event of inclement weather, concerts may be cancelled – listen to WHMI 93.5 for updates or visit the Livingston Arts Council Facebook page. No alcoholic beverages are permitted, bring a blanket or chair.
- Friday, June 28, 2019 - Michigan Challenge Balloonfest - Celebrate the 35th anniversary of the Michigan Challenge Balloonfest with hot air balloon launches, entertainment and family attractions. Parking is free at the Howell High School complex. Event admission is $5 per person per day, children three and under are free. Weekend wristbands are available at the Howell chamber for $10/person while supplies last. For details, visit the website.
- Saturday, June 29, 2019 - Red, White & Blue Horse Show - 46th Annual horse show at Milford High School. 9am start rain or shine. No show clothes required if you wear Patriotic colors. Concessions on grounds. Free & handicap parking. Great spectator sport for a family outing. CAll Sandra at 480-235-4820 or online hvec.info.
- Sunday, June 30, 2019 - How Michigan Women Won The Vote - The Brighton Area Historical Society will have the traveling exhibit of how Michigan Women Won the Vote - this is the 100 year anniversary of getting the vote. Available from June - August 2019 at Cobach Center in downtown Brighton.
- Sunday, June 20, 2019 - Tour de Livingston Kick-Off Ride - Attention all cyclists: The Howell Rotary Club holds its on Sunday, June 30th at 6:45am. Riders meet in downtown Howell at the historic Livingston County Courthouse lawn and ride to the Michigan Challenge Balloonfest to watch the morning balloon fly-in. All participants will receive a commemorative Tour de Livingston water bottle.
- Thursday, July 4, 2019 - Pancake Breakfast - Brighton Lions will host an all you can eat Pancake Breakfast, Thursday, July 4th, at their Community Den, downtown Brighton, Main Street 7:30am-10:30am. Breakfast will include pancakes, sausage, and drink. Children under 12: $3, Adults: $5, Seniors: $4. Join them before the parade, for further information contact: 734-260-5539 or 734-320-5030.
- Thursday, July 4, 2019 - Whitmore Lake 4th of July Festivities - The Whitmore Lake community is gearing up for a bevy of 4th of July related festivities.
The Red, White & Blue Color Run will kick things off on Saturday, June 29th at Whitmore Lake Middle School on Main Street, featuring a 5K and a 10K race. Registration can be done prior or on the day of the race. Proceeds will go toward scholarships for graduating seniors from Whitmore Lake High School. On Thursday, July 4th the annual Independence Day Parade sponsored by Kiwanis Club is planned along Main Street featuring a patriotic and festive display of fire trucks, floats, decorated bicycles and more. The parade will begin at 10am on Barker Road, proceed south onto Main Street and end at the Public Safety Building. Various family activities will follow the parade including a free root beer float social with music from the 50’s and 60’s at the Northfield Township Community Center. A banana split eating contest starts at 3pm, but sign up is required.
The 4th of July festivities will wrap up with the Parade of Lights, a parade of lighted boats. Those wishing to enter are encouraged to decorate their boat with festive lights and line up at Mac's Marina at 9:30pm. Music by the lake across from the post office will be provided from 7 to 10pm, to entertain crowds waiting for the fireworks to begin. A patriotic fireworks display will then be set off from the center of the lake beginning at dusk. The show is solely funded through generous community donations and put on by the Whitmore Lake 4th of July Fireworks Committee. A rain date has been set for July 7th. Complete details about all of the 4th of July activities in Whitmore Lake are available through the link. (JM) - Web Link: https://mailchi.mp/56e008516941/newsletter-4th-of-...
- Thursday, July 4, 2019 - Fowlerville Fireworks and Parade - There are many actvities in Fowlerville on the 4th. The First Baptist Church of Fowlerville, S. Grand Ave. is hosting a God and country car show along with bounce houses, balloon animals, and face painting, from 3-6pm, any questions regarding the activities at the church please contact First Baptist Church. The Parade starts at 7pm sharp on Veterans Dr. and east on Grand River to Saint Agnes. The parade rules are on websight. Immediately following the parade Fowlerville United Brethren Church, on Grand River Ave., will be featuring a family style picnic with live entertainment, children's games and fun for the whole family and a great view of the fireworks. Any questions on the church's activities please contact the church. From 8pm-10pm Kari Holmes and the Modern Day Drifters will perform in Community Park. Fireworks at 10pm. Any questions about the Fireworks or parade visit the website.
- July 6, 2019 - American Legion Riders Chapter #419 Steak Dinner : will be held July 6, 2019 from 5 pm to 7:30 pm at the Pinckney American Legion post home, 9807 Whitewood Rd., Pinckney 48169. Dinner is $14.00 and includes steak, baked potato, salad, roll, baked beans and desert. Hamburger or hot dog includes potato chips, salad roll, baked beans and desert for $8.00. For more information call: Post home 734-878-9522 or Karl at 734-476-6534.
- Monday, July 8, 2019 - Casual Quilters of Brighton - Casual Quilters of Brighton meeting will be held at St. Pat's Catholic Church in Brighton at 7pm. The guest speaker/presenter is Valina James, a Laura Heine certified instructor. There will be a trunk show and lecture on July 8th and Tuesday, July 9th she will teach a workshop in the collage technique.
- Saturday, July 13/Sunday, July 14, 2019 - LACASA'S Garden Tour - LACASA's Garden Tour is Saturday & Sunday, July 13th & 14th, 9am-4pm daily. Exceptional gardeners open their yards each July to share their love of fauna and flora with wandering visitors. Stroll primitive, formal and eclectic landscapes and chat with the homeowners about their gardening philosophies. Join the Stargazer Scavenger Hunt or enter our Blooming Raffle to win great prizes. Tickets go on sale in early June for this annual event. All proceeds help victims of children abuse and interpersonal violence from our community.
- Saturday, July 20, 2019 - BHS All Alumni Dinner - Brighton High School All Alumni Dinner held at Mt Brighton is July 20th at 6pm, with fireworks at 10pm. The cost is $40. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org. All alumni and friends are invited.
- July 25, 2019 - Sloppy Joe, Pulled Pork & Floats, sponsored by the American Legion Riders-Chapter #419, will be held Thursday, July25th, 2019 from 5 pm to 7:30 pm at the America Legion post home, 9807 Whitewood Rd., Pinckney 48169. Sloppy joes are $2.00 each, pulled pork sandwiches are $3.50 each. Floats are $1.50 each. For more information call: Post home 734-878-9522 or Karl at 734-476-6534.
Updated: June 24, 2019