COMMUNITY BULLETIN BOARD
- Wednesday, August 21, 2019 - Walk-In Wednesday for Veterans: This is a chance to come into the Veterans' Services office to get any question answered. No appointment needed and no question too small. No need to bring paperwork but a DD-214 is helpful when answering questions. Just want to pop in to say hi and look around? They would love to see you, Veterans Services office, Address: 2300 E Grand River Ave # 109, Howell, MI 48843.
- Thursday, August 22, 2019 - Second Chance Support Network Golf Outing: Second Chance Support Network Golf Outing is Thursday, August 22nd, with ahotgun start at 9am. Cost: $100 per golfer. Included: 18 holes of golf, lunch at the turn, a meal following the round. Enjoy raffle, 50/50, and contests. For details contact Lisa at LisaGerkin@Sbcglobal.net or call the Jennifer at Second Chance Support Network 810-522-5531. Donations & sponsors are needed.
- Thursday, August 22, 2019 - Annie Auditions Held By CTH: Community Theatre of Howell Announces Auditions for ANNIE, August 22nd-24th, with an optional but strongly recommended Dance/Vocal Workshop on August 20th. Auditions held at Howell High School Freshman Campus, please visit the website for more information.
- Saturday, August 24, 2019 - Charity Golf Out8ing - Lucas for LUCAS: An area boy has expanded his campaign to purchase life-saving devices for area fire departments, with an upcoming golf outing planned as a fundraiser. 9-year-old Lucas Vetter of Rose Township began his mission last October to raise the money needed to purchase a hands-free CPR device called a LUCAS Chest Compression System. Join them for the Charity Golf Outing, Lucas for LUCAS, on Saturday, July 20th at Hartland Glenn. Visit event website for more details
- Tuesday, August 27, 2019 - 6:30 p.m. - Livingston Fine Art Association Meeting: The Livingston Fine Art Association August Meeting will be held Tuesday, August 27th at the First Presbyterian Church, Howell. Doors open at 6:30pm, meeting begins at 7pm. Use the rear entrance under the green canopy. Everyone is welcome. Visit their website or find them on Facebook. Visit event website for more details
- Friday, September 6, 2019 - Brighton Lions - Spagheti Dinner & Coney Dog Dinner: Brighton Lions will host an all you can eat, Spaghetti /Coney Dog Dinner, Friday September 6th, at Main Street at the Railroad Tracks, 4pm-7pm. Dinner will include spaghetti with sauce and/or Coney Dogs, tossed salad, garlic toast, dessert and drink. Children 6-12: $3, Adults: $7, seniors: $6, and Children 5 and under are FREE (with paid adult).
- Friday, September 6, 2019 - 7:00 p.m. - Livingston Land Conservancy Fundraiser Event: The Livingston Land Conservancy will hold its 16th annual Land on the Horizon event Friday, Sept. 6 at the historic Howell Opera House, 7pm-10pm. Tickets are $65 person and include a buffet dinner, live and silent auctions, raffles, live entertainment and special guest David Mindell of PlantWise LLC. A cash bar is also available. All net proceeds go to benefit the LLC's Land Acquisition and Stewardship Funds. The LLC is a private, non-profit 501(c)(3) dedicated to protecting over 650 acres (and growing) of natural land and productive farmland in and around Livingston County through nature preserve or conservation easement designations. For tickets, more information or to donate needed auction items, call Rick at 248-561-5506.
- Saturday, September 7, 2019 - Brighton's Smokin' Jazz & Barbecue Blues Festival: The Greater Brighton Area Chamber of Commerce and 1st National Bank are pleased to present the 14th Annual Brighton's Smokin' Jazz & Barbecue Blues Festival Friday September 6th from 5pm- 11pm and Saturday, September 7th from noon-11pm. Vendors serve ribs, pulled pork, beef brisket, pork tenderloin, sweet treats, specialty mac n' cheese and MUCH MORE. Jazz and blues will be live at the beer tent located on Mill Pond Lane (in the municipal parking lot behind Great Harvest Bread Company) both Friday and Saturday 5pm-11pm. Cover is just $5. Ages 21 and over after 9pm please. Beer, wine, cider and spiked sparkling seltzer are also just $5.
- Saturday, September 7, 2019 - American Legion Riders Chapter #419 Steak Dinner: American Legion Riders Chapter #419 Steak Dinner will be held Saturday, September 7th, from 5pm-7:30 pm at the Pinckney American Legion post home, 9807 Whitewood Rd., Pinckney 48169. Dinner is $14 and includes steak, baked potato, salad, roll, baked beans and desert. Hamburger or hot dog includes potato chips, salad roll, baked beans and desert for $8. For more information call: Post home 734-878-9522 or Karl at 734-476-6534.
- Saturday, September 14, 2019 - Family Emergency Readiness EXPO - Family Emergency Readiness EXPO is September 14th. The event offers FREE admission, 16 free speakers in 2 classrooms, from 9am-4pm on Tooley Road in Howell. Free tours of helicopter, jet, firetrucks, ambulances & police cars. Free smoke alarms, gun locks & radon kits. Free Child Rescue ID Kits in case of lost, missing, runaway or kidnapped child. Parent signature required. Free coloring books for kids, free literature and checklists. Free raffles & free parking. visit readylivingston.org Courtesy of Howell Masons #38.
- Tuesday, September 17, 2019 - Wild Fall Mushrooms: This fun and insightful course will take the mystery out of wild mushrooms and give you the confidence to search, identify and harvest Michigan's most popular fall mushrooms. Class will be held at Pathfinder school in Pinckney from 7pm-8:30pm. Register at pinckneyonline.org or call 810-225-3950 Class fee is $20.
- Wednesday, September 18, 2019 - 4:30 p.m. - Caregiver Support Group - Dementia Specific - The Caregiver Support Group meets at Be Our Guest Adult Day Center (a program of Livingston Cty. Catholic Charities), 2020 E. Grand River #103, Howell on the 3rd Wednesday of each month from 4:30pm–6pm. Join them to learn the latest techniques to care and support your loved one suffering with dementia and related diseases as well as tips on how to care for yourself and grow your support system. With prior notice, they also offer care for your loved one while you attend. Please call Suzi or Katie at 517-546-9910 for information or to notify staff your loved one will be in attendance.
- Friday, September 20th/Saturday, September 21st, 2019 - Colors of Life Art Show: The Livingston Fine Art Association presents the Colors of Life juried fine art show at the Historic Howell Opera House. This is a members only display show, the public is invited. Times are: Friday, September 20th, 5pm-9pm. Meet the artists reception, hors d’oeuvres and beverages available. Saturday, September 21st, 10am-8pm. Everyone invited. For additional information, visit their website, find them on facebook or call 517-223-3900.
- Saturday, September 21, 2019 - Pinckney High School Class of '79 Reunion: The Pinckney Community High School Class of '79 is celebrating their 40 year reunion at Mt. Brighton on Saturday, September 21st. For more information, visit the event Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pinckney.miseventynine.3
- Saturday, September 21, 2019 - Save the Wildlife 5-K Run/Walk at Howell Nature Center:
Save the Wildlife 5K Run/Walk, to support the Wildlife Rehabilitation and Education programs at the Howell Nature Center, is September 21st. The moderately challenging rustic course winds through 230 acres of wooden nature trails and access roads, all on the grounds of the Howell Nature Center. No dogs or strollers are allowed on the 5K run. Strollers, but not dogs, are welcome on the Little Critter walk. Register on-line, or contact the Howell Nature Center at 517-546-0249 Visit event website for more details
- Saturday, September 21, 2019 - 46th Annual Rockhound's Dream Show - The 46th Annual Rockhound's Dream Show Hosted by the Livingston Gem and Mineral Society is Saturday and Sunday, September 21st & 22nd from 10am-5pm. The event will be held at Hartland Education Support Service Center, 9525 E. Highland Road in Hartland . Shop crystals, rocks, fossils & unique jewelry. They also offer kids activities, Gem and Mineral dealer, lapidary exhibits, demonstrations in silver smithing and bead making.
- Saturday, September 21, 2019 - Blue Star Bash (Stiggyfest): The annual Blue Star Bash, formerly known as Stiggyfest, is September 2st. All proceeds go to Blue Star Service Dogs. Blue Star Service Dogs is a non-profit organization that takes shelter dogs and trains them as service dogs for veterans returning from combat. The event is noon-5pm, at 4025 Patterson Lake Rd, Pinckney. Enjoy food, raffles, silent auction, putt-putt mini golf, entertainment, and more. Visit event website for more details
Updated: August 20, 2019