COMMUNITY BULLETIN BOARD
- Monday, January 27, 2020 - Adaptable Archery with Special Ministries - Adaptable Archery with Special Ministries from 6:30-8pm at 2|42 Church 7526 Grand River Ave., Brighton. Join USA certified Archery Instructors as they teach archery safety, basics of shooting, and shooting techniques. This long time favorite will only be back once a month, so don't miss signing up. Snack provided.
- Tuesday, January 28, 2020 - Livingston Fine Art Association Meeeting - The Livingston Fine Art Association January Meeting will be held Tuesday, January 28th at the First Presbyterian Church, Howell. Doors open at 6:30pm, meeting begins at 7m. Use the rear entrance under the green canopy. The speaker will be Pat Langer, long-time member of the Farmington Art Foundation and helps teach art classes to senior citizens at the Costick Center in Farmington Hills. All artists or those interested in the arts are invited. Find them on facebook. - Understanding and Responding to Dementia-Related Behavior - This is an educational class, provided
- Wednesday, January 29, 2020by the Alzheimer’s Association, to help caregivers decipher behaviors and determine how best to respond. By the end of the session, attendees will be able to: identify common triggers for behaviors associated with dementia, explain the process for assessing and identifying challenging behaviors and list strategies to address some common dementia-related behaviors.Held at: Livingston County Catholic Charities, 2020 Grand River Ave., Suite 103, Howell, MI 48843. Free respite is provided upon request. Please call 517-546-9910 to register.
- Wednesday, January 29, 2020 - Parenting Enrichment Class/Series - Opportunity for all parents to attend free parenting enrichment classes with Michigan State University experts at St. Mary Pinckney. Sessions will take place on Wednesday, January 29th, and February 5th from 6:30-8:00pm. Any parent can join at any time, you do not have to be at all of them. Parents will learn about supporting their child’s success in school and life. St. Mary Pinckney is located at 10601 Dexter-Pinckney Road, Pinckney. Parents can bring children along if they need to. Guiding Principles for Highly Successful Parenting is a five week (5 individual classes) presentation for parents and caregivers.
- Friday, January 31, 2020 - Winning Women Event to Benefit LACASA:
Winning Women: "Southeast Michigan Empowerment Event" is set for Friday, Jan. 31, from 9am-1pm at Washtenaw Community College in Ann Arbor. This dynamic networking event is designed to empower, elevate and educate women in fearless pursuit of their professional careers. All event proceeds benefit abuse victims and survivors from LACASA Center in Livingston County. Tickets $50 & include free parking, continental breakfast, powerful speakers; professional head shot photos; catered lunch.
- Saturday, February 1, 2020 -American Legion Riders Steak Dinner - Post 419 - American Legion Riders Chapter #419 Steak Dinner will be held Saturday, February 1st from 5pm-7:30pm at the Pinckney American Legion , 9807 Whitewood Rd. Dinner is $14 and includes steak, baked potato, salad, roll, baked beans and desert. For more information call: Post home 734-878-9522 or Karl at 734-476-6534.
- Saturday, February 1 , 2020 - Community Connect 2020 -
Area residents are invited to attend the 13th Annual Livingston County Community Connect on Saturday, February 1, 2020, from 9:am-2pm, at Howell Parker Middle School in Howell. The Livingston County Homeless Continuum of Care Committee hosts this free event each year to connect people with needed information, resources, and free services. Guests will have access to free health screenings, legal consultation, employment services featuring local job opportunities, food, clothing, books, personal care items, haircuts, and much more. Volunteers are needed, Friday and Saturday.
- Saturday, February 1, 2020 - Refresh Women's Event -
Shepherd of the Lakes will host a Women's Refresh Event on February 1st. Tickets are just $30 and include keynote speaker, breakout sessions, lunch and great fellowship. For more information visit the website.
- Sunday, February 2, 2020 - HNC & Woody the Woodchuck's Groundhog Day Prediction -Will there be six more weeks of winter or will there be an early spring? The Howell Nature Center & Woody the Woodchuck's Groundhog Day prediction is happening at 8am on Sunday, February 2nd. Festivities include a costume contest for the kiddo's dressed in their best Winter or Spring costumes with Woody's prediction at 8:30am. Children will have a chance to win HNC Gift Certificates for first, second and third place. Free continental breakfast to follow.
- Sunday, February 2, 2020 - Breakfast with PAWS - On Sunday, February 2nd, St Mary’s Men’s Club in Pinckney is proudly sponsoring "Breakfast with PAWS" at the Parish, located on Dexter Pinckney Road in Putnam Township. Breakfast is served 8:30-11am and is a free-will donation. ”PAWS, Detroit’s Favorite Mascot" joins us from 10-11am to get us pumped up for another season of Detroit Tiger baseball. Proceeds from the event to help support St Mary School. Their delicious menu includes everything from eggs as you like it to homemade breakfast burritos to the waffle station. For further information contact Heather at the Parish Office 734-878-3161.
Updated January 27, 2020