COMMUNITY BULLETIN BOARD
- SATURDAY, AUGUST 19TH: PHS 1987 CLASS REUNION: Pinckney Pirates Class of 1987 30th Class Reunion August 19th 6pm at Capt Joes. Contact Donna Aschenbrenner at 734-478-4621 or email@example.com for more info. Find them on facebook: Pinckney Pirates Class of 1987.
- AUGUST 18TH - 19TH-20TH: FINE ARTS SHOW WITH LIVINGSTON ARTS COUNCIL AT THE OPERA HOUSE DURING MELONFEST: The Livingston Arts Council invites you to 13th Annual Fine Arts Show at the Howell Opera House, with all the artists present to discuss their work and answer questions. There will be painting, jewelry, digital prints, photography and more, with all the displayed art available for purchase. Come in, walk through, and find your new favorite piece of art! Friday, August 18th, 3pm–9pm, Saturday, August 19th, 10am–10pm, Sunday, August 20th, 10am–4pm. Free admission.
- SATURDAY, AUGUST 19TH: HOWELL MELON FESTIVAL STEAM EXCURSIONS: This summer, the Pere Marquette 1225 will head to Howell for a weekend of public excursions as part of the town’s famous Melon Festival. All trips, sponsored by LOC Federal Credit Union, will depart from the historic Ann Arbor Railroad station in downtown on a 1-hour excursion. Passengers will enjoy the leisurely ride through the Livingston County countryside in one of SRI's vintage Coaches or Cabooses. Coach Seating is $15 for Adults and $10 for Children. Caboose Seating is $25 for Adults and $20 for Children. The departure dates and times are as follows; Saturday, August 19th: 10am, 12pm, 2pm, 4pm, 6pm, and Sunday, August 20th: 10am, 12pm, 2pm, 4pm. Tickets can be purchased in advance or by calling 989-399-7589.
Web Link: http://michigansteamtrain.com/
- SATURDAY, AUGUST 19TH: CLASSIC CAR SHOW AT HOWELL MELON FESTIVAL: The Howell Area Historical Society Melon Festival Classic Car Show will be held on Saturday, August 19th from 10am – 4pm on Grand River in front of the court house. Dash plaques will be provided for the first 50 cars along with goody bags. Cash award will be presented to the top pick voted by People's Choice. Your registration fee will help maintain the Society's Historic 1886 Ann Arbor Railroad Depot and 1888 Grand Trunk Caboose. Both will be open Saturday and Sunday of Melon Festival. Day of on-site registration is $15 at 9am, pre-registration is $10 forms available on the website.
Web Link: http://www.howellareahistoricalsociety.org/
- MONDAY, AUGUST 21ST: FOSTER CARE FAMILIES NEEDED: Livingston County Catholic Charities is holding an orientation for persons interested in learning more about foster care, 3rd Monday of each month, 5pm-7pm. LCCC is located 2020 E. Grand River #101, Howell. To RSVP: call Amanda today to reserve your spot, 517-545-5944. Currently there are not enough local homes to accommodate abused and/or neglected children to keep them close to their home of origin in order to maintain stability in their lives.
- MONDAY, AUGUST 21ST: WOMEN'S CHORUS AUDITIONS: The Livingston County Women’s Chorus, part of the Livingston County Chorale family and directed by Karen Roberts, is holding auditions for its fall semester. Auditions are being held the month of August by appointment. The Women’s Chorus is open to female singers aged 14-84 and over. They sing a wide variety of choral music, from classical to pop. Roberts is hearing auditions by appointment during the month of August and can be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 810-923-3240. For more information about the Livingston County Chorale family, visit www.livingstoncountychorale.org.
- TUESDAY, AUGUST 22ND: CYBER SECURITY CAREER SEMINAR: This seminar will provide information on career pathways in the rapidly growing industry of Cyber Security. Colleen Riccinto President of Cyber Talent Search along with representatives: health care, insurance, military, law enforcement, and manufacturing will discuss career opportunities as well as job requirements. The event will be held at the Pinckney Cyber Training Institute located at: 10255 Dexter-Pinckney Road, Pinckney. Register at PinckneyCTI.org. For more information contact Jim Darga at 810-225-5515 or email@example.com.
- THURSDAY, AUGUST 24TH: 100 PINTS FOR 100 YEARS BLOOD DRIVE AT 2/42 CHURCH: In honor of the American Red Cross in Livingston County, a Blood Drive will be held on Aug 24th at the 242 Church, 7526 Grand River, Brighton. The Drive will be held from 1:00-6:45pm and appointments are being scheduled by logging onto redcrossblood.org (sponsor code 242) or call Gail Combs-Tanner at 248-561-9154.
- SEPTEMBER 2017
- SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 2ND: STEAK DINNER AT POST 419: American Legion Riders Chapter #419 Steak Dinner will be held September 2nd, from 5pm-7:30pm at the Pinckney American Legion on Whitewood Rd., Pinckney. Dinner is $14, includes steak, baked potato, salad, roll, baked beans and dessert. For more information call: 734-878-9522 or Karl at 734-476-6534.
- THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 7TH: PINCKNEY CAR CRUISE NIGHT: Pinckney Car Cruise Night at Arise United Methodist Church lot, on Dexter-Pinckney Rd, Pinckney (about 2 miles south of M36) is September 7th, 5pm–8pm weather permitting. All road worthy, legally registered hot rods, street rods, muscle cars, sports cars, pickup trucks,, antiques and other specialty cars are welcome. Hot Dogs, soft drinks and snacks are available for purchase. Contact Sue at 586-854-0333 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
- FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 8TH: LIVINGSTON LAND CONSERVANCY FUNDRAISER: The Livingston Land Conservancy is holding its 14th Annual Fundraiser at the Howell Opera House, Howell from 7pm-10pm on Friday, September 8th. Tickets are $60/person. Event includes: live & silent auctions, a raffle, live music, great food, a cash bar and the chance to socialize with people who want to protect land within Livingston County. Call: (810) 229-3290 for more information or see them on FB.
- SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 9TH: FAMILY EMERGENCY READINESS EXPO: Admission is free for the Family Emergency Readiness EXPO September 9th, 9:30am-3:30pm, at the Public Safety Complex, 1911 Tooley Road in Howell. Michigan's largest educational emergency readiness EXPO offers 16 speakers in two classrooms with literature plus product & services, vendors, coloring books and face painting for kids, free tours of helicopter, jet, ambulances & firetrucks. Prepare for ice storms, electric outages, floods, burglaries, active shooters. Visit readylivingston.com.
- SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 9TH: 7TH ANNUAL STORM RUN AT SHEPHERD OF THE LAKES LUTHERAN CHURCH AND SCHOOL: 7th Annual Storm Run, 10K-5K-1 Mile Fun Run, is September 9th at Shepherd of the Lakes Lutheran Church and School, 2101 S. Hacker Rd, Brighton. Cross country type course including trails and fields with slight hills. Race is chip timed. Register before August 28 for discounted fee and guaranteed t-shirt. Post race awards and food provided. Online registration and additional information at www.sotlstormrun.com.
- SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 9TH: BOUNTIFUL HARVEST GOLF OUTING AT WHISPERING PINES: The very first golf outing benefiting Bountiful Harvest Food Pantry is September 9th. The outing is located at Whispering Pines Golf Club in Pinckney. Registration begins at 8am, shotgun start at 9am. $90 per golfer includes 18 holes of golf, 4 person scramble, games throughout the course, breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Check out the website for more information and to register.
Web Link: http://www.bountifulharvest-mi.org/2017-golf-outin...
- SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 10TH: ST. MARY COUNTRY STYLE BREAKFAST: St Mary Country Style Breakfast is Sunday, September 10th at the Parish located at 10601 Dexter Pinckney Road. Breakfast is served 8:30-11am and is a free-will donation. Proceeds will be used to help support the maintenance of our Parish Rectory. Musical guests and multi-chance raffles add to the fun. For further information call Heather at Parish Office 734-878-3161.
- TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 12TH: PINCKNEY MUSIC KICK-OFF SHOW AT PHS: The community is invited to come check out the Pinckney Schools' Music Ensembles, September 12th, 7-8 pm in the Pinckney High School Auditorium.
- WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 20TH: BRIGHTON SENIOR BUS TRIP: Brighton Senior Center bus trip to Detroit Tigers game on Wednesday, Sept 20. Departs from the Center at 11am. Pre-register for $75 by calling 810-299-3817 and receive free hot dog and soda voucher. Enjoy lower baseline box seats, section 112, in the shade. No refunds as tickets are prepaid.
- SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 30TH: SAT PRACTICE TEST SPONSORED BY BRIGHTON ROTARY/BHS INTERACT: 9:15 registration, 10am-2pm SAT Practice Test at the Brighton High School Cafeteria, 7878 Brighton Road. Same Day Test Scores delivered to your smartphone, tablet, or computer. Access to free Kaplan test-taking strategy and online learning seminars. $35 early registration donation by 5pm, September 18th, $50 door registration donation on day of test. Visit the website for more information or contact 810-227-0656.
Web Link: http://www.brightonrotaryevents.org/
Updated August 17, 2017