COMMUNITY BULLETIN BOARD
- THURSDAY, OCTOBER 24TH: FOCUS ON LIFE DINNER AT CRYSTAL GARDENS: Right to Life of Livingston County's 27th Annual Focus on Life Dinner to be held at Crystal Gardens October 24th at 6:30pm. Tickets are $50 or $450 for table of ten. Hillsdale College Professor Fred Yaniga is the guest speaker and Senator Joe Hune will emcee the evening. Go to the website for more information or email firstname.lastname@example.org or you can call 810-227-5788.
Web Link: http://www.righttolifelivingston.org/
- OCTOBER 26TH: SLOPPY JOE, PULLED PORK & FLOATS, sponsored by the American Legion Riders-Chapter #419, will be held Thursday, October 26, 2017 from 5 pm to 7:30 pm at the Pinckney American Legion post home, 9807 Whitewood Rd., Pinckney. Sloppy joes are $2.00 each, pulled pork sandwiches are $3.50 each, floats are $1.25 each. For more information call: Post home 734-878-9522 or Karl at 734-476-6534.
- FRIDAY, OCTOBER 27TH: TRUNK OR TREAT AT SHEPHERD OF THE LAKES CHURCH: Trunk or Treat at Shepherd of the Lakes Church 2101 S. Hacker Rd. Brighton is Friday, October 27th 6pm trunk decorating, trunk or treating at 6:30pm, Everyone is welcome, games and hayrides too. Visit the website to register if you are registering your 'trunk'.
Web Link: http://www.sotlchurch.com/
- FRIDAY, OCTOBER 27TH: FISH FRY AT LCWCC: All you can eat fish dinner will be served Friday, October 27th, at the Livingston County Wildlife and Conservation Club, on E. M-36, Hamburg. Serving from 5-8pm dinner includes: Beer Batter, Lemon Pepper and Cajun Fish (baked or fried), smelt, hush puppies, Mac n' cheese, french fries, vegetable, cole slaw, rolls and butter, desserts. Coffee, lemonade and iced tea included in price. Adults $11; Seniors $10; Ages 6-12 $5; ages 5 and under eat free. Cash bar available. Call 810-231-1811.
- SATURDAY, OCTOBER 28TH: JUMPSTART JUMP ROPE WORKSHOP: Its all about fun and fitness, learn to jump rope from National and World Champion jumpers from the US and Canada. The Livingston County Jumpin' Allstars Jump Rope team hosts their 10th annual jump rope workshop at Brighton High School, 9am-4pm. Learn single rope and double dutch jumping. All levels of jump rope will be taught, from beginner to expert. Cost is $50. More information is available at jumpinallstars.org.
- TUESDAY, OCTOBER 31ST: TRIDGE-OR-TREAT IN BRIGHTON: Tridge-Or-Treat in downtown Brighton on the millpond bridge gives kids trick-or-treating in a safe, fun area filled with costumed characters, decorations, candy and more. This is a free event from 6pm-7:30pm on Halloween night.
- THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 2ND: FAMILY COURT & CHILD CUSTODY TOWN HALL HEARING: There will be a Family Court & Family Custody Town Hall Hearing on November 2nd at the Howell opera House. The event is for people dealing with Child Custody, Family Court, Parental Alienation, and a parenting time. To RSVP, call 517-518-MPOM or email Linda email@example.com.
- THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 2ND: A WILD WONDERFUL NIGHT FUNDRAISER: A Wild Wonderful Night is Howell Nature Center’s most prestigious event of the year, held at The Johnson Center at Cleary University. The annual gala benefits their wildlife rehabilitation clinic and wildlife education programs. Join them, Thursday, November 2pm at 6pm, for an exciting evening including live and silent auctions, live entertainment, cash bar and a showcase of strolling local cuisine. Dana DeBenham, Howell Nature Center’s Wildlife Director, will highlight the programs, and reflect on the year’s challenges and accomplishments. Individual Supporter tickets start at $75. Call 517-546-0249 or visit the website to purchase tickets (pre-registration is required).
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 4TH - AMERICAN LEGION RIDERS CHAPTER #419 STEAK DINNER will be held November 4, 2017 from 5 pm to 7:30 pm at the Pinckney American Legion post home, 9807 Whitewood Rd., Pinckney. Dinner is $14.00, includes steak, baked potato, salad, roll, baked beans and dessert. For more information call: Post home 734-878-9522 or Karl at 734-476-6534.
- SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 4TH: HOLIDAY CRAFT SHOW AT CHILSON HILLS CHURCH: Chilson Hills Church Annual Holiday Craft Show, Saturday, November 4th, 9am-3pm, crafts, refreshments, raffle prizes, bake sale and church rummage sale. Admission is free, contact Roberta Zella at 517-545-2891 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details. Church located at 4440 Brighton Rd., corner of Chilson & Brighton Rd.
- FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 10TH: MARINE CORP BIRTHDAY BALL: The 242nd Marine Corp Birthday Ball will be held on November 10th, at the Crystal Garden Banquet Hall in Howell. This special evening will include a guest speaker, music performed by Fast Eddie, raffles, 50/50, and prime rib dinner. The Birthday Ball is semi-formal and doors open at 6pm and ends at 11:30pm. Tickets are $20 per person and only 600 tickets are available. Ticket sales end November 1st, for additional ticket information please contact Gary Dunn at 810-923-7926 or David J. Mester, (MCL Ball Chairman) at 517-223-4807.
- FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 10TH: VETERANS DAY ASSEMBLY AT HOWELL HIGH SCHOOL: Veterans Honors Assembly at Howell High School on November 10th in the Rod Bushey Performing Arts Center. 8:30am Meet & Greet in the lobby prior to assembly. Please attend and honor our Veterans. Please RSVP : email@example.com or 517-540-8300 for planning purposes.
- SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 11TH: HOLIDAY CRAFT SHOW AT BRIGHTON FIRST UNITED METHODIST CHURCH: Crafters/Vendors needed for upcoming Holiday Craft Show November 11th at Brighton First United Methodist Church. $25 for a 6 X 10 space. Contact Ginger at 810-772-1863 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 11TH: VETERANS DAY PARADE IN BRIGHTON: Veterans Day Parade in downtown Brighton will start at 11am on Main Street followed by a presentation at the Brighton Veterans Memorial. Support our veterans.
- SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 11TH: SING ALONG WITH THE WIZARD OF OZ: This is a fundraiser for the Livingston County Chorale's upcoming European Tour. The Wizard of Oz will be shown Saturday November 11th, at the Historic Howell Theater at 7pm. Bring the whole family for an evening of song and great fun. For more information go to www.livingstoncountychoirs.com.
- SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 11TH: BRIGHTON BAND BOOSTERS EUCHRE TOURNAMENT: Brighton Band Boosters is hosting it's 2nd annual Euchre Tournament to raise funds this year for the Mackinaw Island Memorial Day Parade in 2018. Cost is $30 per person and includes appetizers: cash bar: $1 per Euchre: Prizes: $100 1st Place, $50 2nd Place, and $25 for 3rd place. email: email@example.com with your name and how many in your party, limited to the first 100 people. Location: Ore Creek Mountain Grill, 4141 Bauer Rd., Brighton, hours 6-10pm.
- SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 11TH: VETERANS CELEBRATION: Veterans Celebration at the Livingston County Court House will be held Saturday, November 11th, 11am sharp. For over 36 years, the Murnighan Detachment of the Marine Corps League and the American Legion Devereaux Post 141 have honored our Veterans at the memorial. Join them at the monument.
- SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 11TH: AMERICAN LEGION VETERANS LUNCHEON: American Legion Veteran's luncheon on Saturday, November 11th is from noon-2pm. Veterans, Active Military and their families are invited to attend the luncheon in their honor following ceremony at the court house. American Legion Devereaux Post 141 in Howell. For more information, contact the Post at517-546-2534.
- SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 11TH: ISLAND LAKE AREA HIKE: Island Lake Recreation Area Hike, Saturday, November 11th, at 1pm, will take place at Island Lake Recreation Area, 6301 Kensington Rd, Brighton. They will meet in the Kent Lake parking lot (go straight past toll booth, 1st lot on left) near the boat launch area (west side). The hike is free, but requires state park entry fee or passport. Join them for a 5-mile hike (shorter options available) on the new hikers-only Hickory Ridge trail.
- SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 11TH - ANNUAL CHRISTMAS BAZAAR AT ST. STEPHEN'S CHURCH HAMBURG: Please join us for our Annual Christmas Bazaar on Saturday, November 11, 2017 from 10 am. until 3 pm. @ St. Stephen's Episcopal Church in Historic Downtown Hamburg, 10585 Hamburg Rd., Hamburg, MI. There will be Crafts and Gifts, a Soup & Salad Luncheon, a Handmade Quilt Raffle (with the drawing at 3 pm.), a Bake Sale, Gently Used Treasures and a Book Sale. For further information please call 810-231-3220 or 810-231-2055.
- SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 11TH: HOLIDAY CRAFT SHOW AT FIRST UNITED METHODIST CHURCH OF BRIGHTON: Crafters/Vendors needed for upcoming Holiday Craft Show November 11th at Brighton First United Methodist Church. $25 for a 6 X 10 space. Contact Ginger at 810-772-1863 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 15TH: HOMELESS AWARENESS WEEK MAIN EVENT: The Livingston County Homeless Continuum of Care Committee is proud to host the main event of speakers who are either formerly homeless or currently homeless. The Howell Opera Theater will show art work done by students to show their depiction of what homelessness looks like. There will be ceramic objects to buy for a donation, theme basket raffles. all to raise money helping the homeless. The main event will start at 4:30pm and speakers will start sharing their personal stories at 5pm. There will also be a movie following the main event at the Historic Howell Movie Theater (The Pursuit of Happyness) starting at 7pm.
- SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 18TH: HAMBURG HOLIDAY BAZAAR: The Hamburg Senior Center Holiday Bazaar is Saturday, November 18th from 9am-2pm. Shop for crafts, and also featured: a cookie walk, great raffle prizes donated by local businesses, senior crafts and a hot dog lunch. Parking & admission is free and all proceeds go toward the Hamburg Senior Center located near Township Hall at 10407 Merrill Rd., Hamburg. For more information, please call 810-222-1140.
- SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 18TH: SHALON LUTHERAN CHURCH HOLIDAY BAZAAR: Shalom Lutheran Church, 1740 E M-36, Pinckney from 9-3pmm November 18th. Santa will make an appearance from 11-1pm, lots of fun for the whole family. Call Tina for more info at 810-599-0246. Crafters/vendors are needed.
- MONDAY, NOVEMBER 20TH: FOSTER PARENT INFORMATIONAL MEETING: LCCC is seeking to increase the number of available foster homes in Livingston County to serve the growing number of children entering foster care. Currently there are not enough local homes to accommodate abused and/or neglected children to keep them close to their home of origin in order to maintain stability in their lives. The informational meeting is held the 3rd Monday of each month, 5pm–7pm, at LCCC, 2020 E. Grand River #101, Howell. R.S.V.P. with Amanda today to reserve your spot 517-545-5944.
- FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 24TH: FANTASY OF LIGHTS PARADE IN DOWNTOWN HOWELL:The 34th annual Fantasy of Lights Parade in downtown Howell is November 24th. Activities start at 4pm. The Fantasy 5K is at 6pm, and the parade starts at 7. Register for the 5K at howellfantasy5K.com. More information at howell.org.
- SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 25TH: HOLIDAY CRAFT FAIR AT WESLEY UNITED METHODIST CHURCH: A Holiday Craft Fair will beheld on November 25th at Wesley United Methodist Church on Main St in Whitmore Lake. From 9am-3pm shop arts & crafts, silent auction, luncheon & snacks.
- FRIDAY, DECEMBER 1ST/SATURDAY, DECEMBER 2ND: BLACK SHEEP WEAVERS' FIBER GUILD HOLIDAY SALE:Black Sheep Weavers’ Fiber Guild 35th annual Fiber Art Holiday Sale is Friday, December 1st, 3-7pm and Saturday, December 2nd from 9am-4pm. Shop handmade art garments, fiber and beaded jewelry, purses, quilts, rugs, baskets, cards, ornaments, home decorations & more. Also hand-dyed fabrics, plus cashmere, angora, alpaca and wool roving and handspun yarn. New Location at the Bogie Lake Greenhouses 15 25 Bogie Lake Rd. White Lake, 48383 . Free admission.
- SATURDAY, DECEMBER 2ND: THE NUTCRACKER AT BCPA: The Academy of Russian Classical Ballet presents The Nutcracker: A Family Holiday Classic and Brighton Tradition. Celebrating 13 years at the Brighton Center for the Performing Arts. A must-see holiday event for the entire family. Join Clara on her magical journey through the enchanting Land of Snow to the Kingdom of the Sweets. With an impressive cast of Michigan’s talented ballet students, and international guest artists. Performance: December 2nd at 6:30pm at the Brighton Center for the Performing Arts Web Link: https://www.brightonperformingarts.com/
Updated Oct 23, 2017