COMMUNITY BULLETIN BOARD
- FRIDAY, JANUARY 19TH: DADDY DAUGHTER DANCE: The Pinckney Knights of Columbus is having their annual Daddy Daughter Dance on Friday, January 19th, from 7pm-10pm. This will take place at St. Mary Catholic School, 10601 Dexter Pinckney road, 1 mile south of M-36, in Pinckney. Admission is $8 per person, or a maximum of $22 per family. Admission includes snacks & refreshments. Photos are available for purchase, with the first photo free. No advance reservations required, just show up for a good time. Contact Kevin at 734-646-2010, for more information.
- SUNDAY, JANUARY 21ST: SAT/ACT PRACTICE TEST AT BHS: The SAT/ACT practice test will be held at Brighton High School on Saturday, Feb 3rd from 10am-2pm. A $35 non-refundable early registration donation to Brighton Rotary Scholarships can be completed through 5pm on 1/21/18 at the Brighton District Library (Adult Services Desk) for check/cash or online with a $2 handling fee at www.BrightonRotaryEvents.org; Door registration on 2/3 will be available for a $50 donation as space allows. Students in grades 6-8 that early register and completed the 2/3 Combo SAT/ACT Practice Test will be eligible for a $250 value random draw Academic Enrichment Scholarship. See www.BrightonRotaryEvents.org or call 810-227-0656 for additional details.
- TUESDAY, JANUARY 23RD: DIABETES PREVENTION PROGRAM: Be a part of the Center for Disease Control's evidence based Diabetes Prevention Program. A year long program brought to you by St. Joseph Mercy Livingston and the National Kidney Foundation of Michigan. To register or for more information, visit www.nkfm.org/dpp or call 1-800-482-1455. Our informational session is Tuesday, Jan. 23, 2018 from 6:00 - 7:00 pm at the Genoa Medical Center - Community Room (2305 Genoa Business Park Drive in Brighton) and classes begin Tuesday, Jan. 30, 2018.
- THURSDAY, JANUARY 25TH: SLOPPY JOE, PULLED PORK DINNERS AT POST 419: SLOPPY JOE, PULLED PORK & FLOATS, sponsored by the American Legion Riders-Chapter #419, will be held Thursday, January 25, 2018 from 5 pm to 7:30 pm at the Pinckney American Legion post home, 9807 Whitewood Rd., Pinckney. Sloppy joes are $2.00 each, pulled pork sandwiches are $3.50 each, floats are $1.25 each. For more information call: Post home 734-878-9522 or Karl at 734-476-6534.
- FRIDAY, JANUARY 26TH: GEMINI AT THE BCPA: Gemini at the BCPA 9:30am Tickets - $12 Gemini at the BCPA is January 26th. San and Laz combine uncannily matched voices with wonderful musicianship on nearly a dozen instruments. The twin brothers have an up-beat flair for involving everyone, from tots to grandparents, in the music making. The result is a dynamic show ranging from laughter, grins, and boisterous fun, to the magic of hushed hushed lullabies and tender ballads. Tickets available online or call 810-299-4130. Web Link: https://www.brightonperformingarts.com/
- SATURDAY, JANUARY 27TH: HARTLAND FAMILY WINTERFEST: Hartland Winter Festival takes place on Saturday, January 27th, from noon-7pm at Heritage Park. This family-friendly event is free to all attendees and the festival activities have been designed to appeal to all ages and weather conditions. Visit the website for a complete listing of festival events. Web Link: http://hartlandtwp.com/hartlandfamilywinterfest/
- SATURDAY, JANUARY 27TH: 4-H HORSE TACK SALE: Livingston County 4-H Horse Committee is hosting a Horse Tack Sale from 10am–2pm at the Hartland Educational Support Service Center, 9525 E. Highland Rd. Howell. The public is invited to buy or sell. Vendor spaces are available starting at $20. For further information contact Paula at 517-404-4544 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Admission is free for shoppers. This fundraiser supports the Livingston County 4-H horse program's Fowlerville Fairground horse barn improvements.
- SATURDAY, JANUARY 27TH: POLAR PLUNGE TO SUPPORT SPECIAL OLYMPICS: Supporting Livingston County Special Olympics, the Polar Plunge will be held Saturday January 27th at the lake behind Brighton High School. Doors open at 1230pm with registration and the parade of costumes. The plunge begins at 130pm with awards and Splash Bash following. To register or donate visit PLUNGEMI.COM.
- SUNDAY, JANUARY 28TH: PINCKNEY SENOR ALL NIGHT PARTY FUNDRAISER: Pinckney Senior All Night Party Fundraiser is Sunday, January 28th, 5pm-8pm, at Zukey Lake Tavern. Pizza & pasta buffet, with soup & salad bar $10.95 for adults & $5.95 11y/o & younger. $4 from each adult buffet & $2 from each child buffet will be donated to the Pinckney Senior All Night Party. Pinckney Seniors appreciate your support & their parents thank you for helping keep their kids safe.
- TUESDAY, JANUARY 30TH: LIVINGSTON FINE ART ASSOCIATION MEETING: The Livingston Fine Art Association January Meeting will be held January 30th, at the First Presbyterian Church, Howell. Doors open at 6:30pm, meeting begins at 7pm. Use the rear entrance under the green canopy. There will be a speaker, a short business meeting and a discussion of members works.
- WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 31ST: SELF-DEFENSE CLASS: Sign up today to learn how to keep from becoming a target. No physical/fighting skills are included in this class. Register though Pinckney Community Education at pinckneyonline.org or call 810-225-3950. Fee: $33, class is located at Pathfinder School from 7-9pm.
- SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 3RD: YOUTH CAD DESIGN TRAINING: The youth mentorship program at the Warbirds of Glory museum is expanding to include computer CAD design training for students ages 14 to 23. The Museum is offering a 4-week SolidWorks CAD Essentials class on Saturdays starting Feb 3rd. By the end of the course, students will be able to examine a simple B-25 factory drawing and design the same part in CAD. The cost is free. Application is required. Application deadline is 1-25-2018. Visit museum at 810-599-4035, email@example.com. Web Link: http://www.warbirdsofglory.org/
- SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 3RD: COMMUNITY CONNECT EVENT AT HOWELL PARKER MIDDLE SCHOOL: Livingston County Homeless Continuum of Care Committee is hosting the 11th Annual Livingston County Community Connect, a free one-day event connecting people to needed information and services. The event offers free legal consultation, payment assistance programs, haircuts, free lunch, clothing, books, fun activities for the kids (no childcare). New this year; vision, hearing, and mammography screenings; child ID services, expanded employment services, and more. No registration is required. 9am-2pm, Saturday, February 3rd, at Howell Parker Middle School, 400 Wright Rd., Howell. Volunteers are also needed to help our guests navigate the services. visit the website for more information. Web Link: http://www.volunteerlivingston.org/
- SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 3RD: HAMBURG FLYERS SUPR R/C SWAP MEET: The Hamburg Flyers R/C Club is having a Super R/C Swap Meet Saturday, February 3rd from 9am-1pm at Whitmore Lake Elementary School, on Barker Road in Whitmore Lake which is just south of 8 Mile Rd. and about 3/4 mile West of US 23. Admission is $5 for age 15 and older. The public is invited to come in and buy or just talk about the R/C hobby with experienced modelers. They are a non-profit club. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 3RD: AMERICAN LEGION RIDERS STEAK DINNER: American Legion Riders Chapter #419 Steak Dinner will be held February 3rd from 5pm-7:30pm at the Pinckney American Legion post home, 9807 Whitewood Rd., Pinckney. Dinner is $14, includes steak, baked potato, salad, roll, baked beans and dessert. For more information call: Post home 734-878-9522 or Karl at 734-476-6534.
- SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 4TH: ST MARY BREAKFAST WITH PAWS: St Mary Breakfast with PAWS is Sunday, February 4th at the Parish on Dexter-Pinckney Rd. Breakfast is served 8:30-11am and is a free-will donation. PAWS, Detroit’s Favorite Mascot joins them from 10-11am to get everyone pumped up for another season of Detroit Tiger baseball. Proceeds from the event to help support our St Mary School. For further information contact Heather at the Parish Office 734-878-3161.
- WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 7TH: BRIGHTON ART GUILD MEETUP AND PROGRAM: Brighton Art Guild Meetup and Program is February 7th. Amy Ferguson, a masterful printer and artist, will display her creations and processes during the Guild program. The program is free and open to the public. Guild Meetup starts at 6:30pm, followed by refreshments and then Amy's program at Brighton Library. Contact Mary Lou Wiegand, 304-415-0023, for more info or questions.
- FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 9TH: MICHIGAN POND HOCKEY CLASSIC: The 2018 Michigan Pond Hockey Classic charity tournament will be held Feb 9-11 at Mac's Marina in Whitmore Lake. Three day festival-like atmosphere with day and evening games, heated entertainment tent with live music, food and drinks. More info on their website today! Web Link: http://www.michiganpondhockey.com/
- FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 9TH: PHS BOWLING TEAM FUND RAISER:PHS Bowling Team Fund Raiser, 3 games of 9-pin no-tap bowling to support the Pinckney High School Bowling Team is February 9th. $20 includes 3 games of bowling, coney dog, rental shoes and door prize tickets. Event will be at Whitmore Lanes in Downtown Whitmore Lake and start at 7:15pm. Reservations for parties of 5 or more to secure your own lane can be made by emailing email@example.com or calling the lanes at 734-449-4405.
- SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 10TH: WALK FOR WARMTH BENEFIT: Community Congregational Church in Pinckney (125 E. Unadilla) will be hosting a Valentines Party on February 10th from 7pm- 11pm. It is free will donation, all proceeds going toward Walk for Warmth. Adults only. No jeans. Food, games, & dancing. Bring a munchie or dessert to pass.
- FENTON COMMUNITY ORCHESTRA GOES TO THE MOVIES: The Fenton Community Orchestra will feature performances of Academy Award nominated music in the movies from the Golden Age of Hollywood to today. Tickets are $12 for adults and $10 for students and seniors. Tickets are on sale now and can be purchased on online or at the door on February 16th and 17th. Web Link: http://www.fentonorchestra.org/
- SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 17TH: BRUCE RITTER 3 ON 3 BASKETBALL TOURNAMENT: THe Maltby Intermediate School PTo invites kids and adults to the 1st annual Bruce Ritter Winter Madness 3 on 3 Basketball Tournament on Saturday February 17th. The event will be held at Brighton High School with an 8:30am kick-off. Proceeds to benefit the I Will Right Now Foundation. The deadline to register is Saturday February 3rd. For more information call 810-333-5397 or visit the website. Web Link: https://iwillrightnow.com/
- SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 17TH: PINCKNEY MUSIC PROGRAM FUNDRAISER: The Music Program's annual spaghetti dinner fundraiser is February 17th from 1:30pm-6:30pm. All bands, orchestras and choir from Navigator, Pathfinder and the High School will perform throughout the day. Tickets may be purchased from any student in the Music Program. Ticket prices are $35 family (advance purchase), $10 per person (advance purchase) or $12 at the door. Concert only tickets are $5 & includes drink and dessert. Contact Renee Johnston at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- MONDAY, FEBRUARY 19TH: FOSTER PARENT INFORMATIONAL MEETING: LCCC is seeking to increase the number of available foster homes in Livingston County to serve the growing number of children entering foster care. Currently there are not enough local homes to accommodate abused and/or neglected children to keep them close to their home of origin in order to maintain stability in their lives. The informational meeting is held the 3rd Monday of each month, 5pm–7pm, at LCCC, 2020 E. Grand River #101, Howell. R.S.V.P. with Amanda today to reserve your spot 517-545-5944.
- SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 24TH: MOM TO MOM/ESTATE SALE: Community Congregational Church in Pinckney (125 E. Unadilla) will host a Mom to Mom/Estate Sale on Saturday, February 24th from 9am-1pm. Rent a table for $20. Call 734-878-3140 for more information.
- SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 24TH: WALK FOR WARMTH: The Oakland Livingston Human Service Agency’s yearly Walk for Warmth event is set for Saturday, February 24th, at the Hartland Educational Service Support Center. Participants in Livingston County’s indoor walk-a-thon raised over $80,000 last year, which was used to support area residents who are facing utility shut-off notices. Funding the emergency assistance will help keep those in need safe and warm in their homes this winter. Web Link: https://www.crowdrise.com/WalkforWarmthLivingston2...
Updated January 18, 2018