Sports Concussion Laws
Hamburg Township is committed to making the sports and recreation experience of youth and adults a safe and enjoyable event, especially in regards to the issue of sports related concussions.
Hamburg Township requires coaches, event organizers, program directors, parents and participants to comply with local, state and federal health laws.
- Michigan Sports Concussion Law
- CDC: "Heads Up:" Free Online Training Course for Sports Coaches
- CDC: Injury Prevention & Control: Traumatic Brain Injury
- Concussion: National Institutes of Health Medline Plus Information
- University of Michigan Health System - Concussion Education
- University of Michigan Health System - Concussion Injury Mobilew App - "Return 2 Play"
- St. Joseph Mercy Health System - "Concussion"
Hamburg Township does not sponsor or operate any sports programs. Enforcement of these laws are the responsibility of the sports groups that utilize the park.