FAQS (Frequently Asked Questions)
- Where is the police department located and what is the address?
- What is the department phone number?
- How do I get a copy of a report?
- If I need finger printing how do I get that done?
- How do I obtain a handgun purchase permit?
- I am required to have a P.B.T. (Preliminary Breath Test) administered by a law enforcement agency, do you provide that service?
- What are the names, address' and phone numbers of the courts who serve Hamburg Township?
Where is the police department located and what is the address?
The Hamburg Township Police Department is located at 10409 Merrill Rd, south of M-36. Our mailing address is P.O. Box 157 Hamburg MI 48139
What is the department phone number?
Our department phone number is 810.231.9391. After business hours we can be reached through our dispatch center at 517.546.9111. In an emergency or for any police service, dial 911.
How do I get a copy of a report?
Report copies can be obtained in one of two ways. You can stop by the office between the hours of 8 am and 4 pm, Monday through Friday or send us a self-addressed stamped envelope with the complaint number, the date and time of the report and the officer's name. In either case, there is a $5.00 charge for a report copy and a check should be included with any written request.
If I need finger printing how do I get that done?
We offer finger printing at our office, between the hours of 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. There is a $10.00 charge.
All court-ordered prints must be obtained through the Livingston County Sheriff's office:
Livingston County Sheriff
Livingston County Jail Building
150 S. Highlander Way
Howell, MI 48843
Jail Phone 517.546.2445
Jail FAX 517.546.1800
Click here to go to the web page for the Livingston County Sheriff.
How do I obtain a handgun purchase permit?
Purchase permits may be obtained during business hours, Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 3:00pm.
There is a $10.00 notary fee per permit for non-Hamburg Township residents (there is no charge for Hamburg Township residents).
I am required to have a P.B.T. (Preliminary Breath Test) administered by a law enforcement agency - do you provide that service?
Yes, we do. Officers will administer court-ordered preliminary breath tests 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If an officer is not present when you arrive for a PBT, pick up the phone in the lobby of our police station and advise the dispatcher that you need a PBT administered and an officer will be sent.
What are the names, address' and phone numbers of the courts who serve Hamburg Township?
- For traffic tickets and misdemeanors contact the 53rd District Court, 204 S. Highlander Way, Howell, MI 48843 517.548.1000.
- For Felony cases contact the 44th Circuit Court, 204 S. Highlander Way, Howell, MI 48843 517. 546.9816.
- For Township Ordinance violations, contact the Treasurer's Office at 10405 Merrill Rd, 810.231.1000.