10405 Merrill Road
P.O. Box 157
Hamburg, Mi. 48139
Planning & Zoning Administrator:
PLANNING & ZONING DEPARTMENT
The Planning & Zoning Department is responsible for the administration
and enforcement of Hamburg Township's Zoning and land use ordinances.
The Department processes applications for Site Plans, Zoning Board of
Appeals, Land Divisions/Lot Splits, Addresses, and Land Use Permits.
The Department also provides information regarding flood plains.
Feel free to call -- we will be happy to assist you!
WHAT WE DO
The Hamburg Township Planning & Zoning Administrator fulfills the following
duties, among others:
- Receives and reviews all applications for Land Use Permits and
Certificates of Occupancy.
- Approves/Disapproves such applications based on compliance or non-compliance
with the provisions of the Hamburg Township ordinances and plans,
and issues certificates when there is compliance. Performance
guarantees may be required.
- May suspend or revoke a permit issued under the provisions of the
Zoning Ordiance whenever the permit is issued erroneously on the
basis of incorrect information supplied by the applicant or his
agent and is in violation of any of the provisions of any of the
ordinances/regulations of the Township.
- Violations of the Zoning Ordinance are to be reported to the Zoning
Administrator, who shall inspect the alleged violation, order
the violator in writing of required actions to correct any violation,
and inform the violator in writing of rights to appeal a decision.
The Zoning Administrator may institute injunction, mandamus, abatement
or other appropriate proceedings to prevent, enjoin, abate or
remove any unlawful erection, alteration, maintenance or use,
for both civil and criminal remedies, as provided by law.
- Receives all applications for site plan review and special use
permits which the Planning Commission is required to decide under
the ordinances and plans.
- Conducts field inspections and investigations.
- Prepares maps, charts and other pictorial materials when necessary
- Otherwise processes applications so as to assist the Planning Commission
in formulating recommentations.
- Notifies applicant in writing, of any decision of the Planning
Commission, and implements the decisions of the Planning Commission.
- Receives all applications for appeals, variances or other matters
which the Zoning Board of Appeals is required to decide.
- Prepares such applications for appeals, variances or other matters
to the Zoning Board of Appeals and refers them with recommendations
to the Zoning Board of Appeals.
- Receives and processes all applications for amendments to the Zoning
Ordinance, and otherwise processes the applications and prepares
recommendations to the Planning Commission
- Maintains a map or maps showing the current zoning classifications
of all land in the Township.
- Maintains written records of all actions taken by the Zoning Administrator.
- Meets with the Planning Commission upon request.
- Is responsible for providing forms necessary for the various applications
to the Zoning Administrator, Planning Commission, Township Board,
or Zoning Board of Appeals as is required by the Zoning Ordinance
and be responsible for the information necessary on such forms
for the effective administration of the Zoning Ordinance, subject
to the general policies of the Township Board, Planning Commission,
and Zoning Board of Appeals.