Welcome To Accounting/Human Resources
Accounting/Human Resources Department
The Accounting Department performs all financial record keeping and reporting functions for the Township of Hamburg, which supports complex daily operations.
The primary responsibility of this department is to maintain the Township's financial records in accordance with the Township's ordinances, State law and generally accepted accounting principles.
Specific activities performed include:
- Bi-weekly payroll
- Accounts payable and receivable/budget monitoring
- Annual audit
- Financial management reports
- Assistance to all internal Township departments
- Assistance to:
- Hamburg Township Sewer & Water Systems
- Hamburg Township Road And Sewer District Special Assessment Districts, Library, Parks and Recreation Program (including Hamburg's portion of the Lakelands Trail maintenance)
- Senior/Community Center Program
- Police and Fire Departments
The department is responsible for maintaining control over and continuously updating the fixed asset inventory.
The Director of Accounting works to develop and maintain the Hamburg Township Finance Control Book.
For inquiries regarding Accounts Payable and Receivable matters, including sewer assessment payoffs, please contact Marcy Miller, Accounting Clerk, at (810.231.1000 Ext. 223).
The Accounting Department handles human resources issues for the Township. Direct e-mail for human resources: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Employment applications and personnel records
- Payroll and deductions
- Health and life insurance benefit programs
- Retirement and pension benefit programs
- Workers Compensation
- Employment-related legal issues
For information on purchasing, purchasing forms and requirements, and related issues, visit the Purchasing web page.