What is A Paid-On Call Firefighter?
Each firefighter shall strive to deliver the highest quality service through training, preparedness, planning, and prevention in order to ensure that our community maintains a high quality of life.
What is a Paid On-Call Fire Department?
- A paid on-call fire department is made up of members of the community.
- All of the paid on-call members have full time jobs outside of the fire department.
- When an emergency occurs, all available paid on-call members respond.
- All paid on-call members are always on-call.
- All members are expected to respond to a minum of 10% of our calls.
- The average firefighter responds to 22% of our calls.
- Paid on-call firefighters are paid hourly for calls and training.
- Becoming a fully trained firefighter involves more than 675 hours of training during the first two (2) years. That is more than 16 weeks of training at 40 hours/week.
- Fully trained firefighters spend more than 175 hours in training to maintain their skills and keep up with the latest technology.
- We are always looking for more dedicated inviduals to join our team.
- Interested in Joining The Hamburg Township Fire Department?
- Age: Applicants for the position of firefighter must be at least 18 years of age.
- Training: There is no pre-requisite training for application to the Fire Department.
- Education: Applicants should have a High School Diploma, a GED, or be actively seeking either of these.
- Experience: Prior experience is not required.
- Reading & Writing: Applicants shall be able to read, write and understand English.
- Residential Proximity: Applicants should reside with the Township or in close proximity to one of the fire stations.
View the upcoming training schedule here. More
Meet Our Firefighters
Take some time to meet the Hamburg firefighters who respond to calls who will be your fellow firefighters in working to help to keep our community safe. More
Firefighter Application Form
Click here to access the Hamburg Township Firefighters Employment Application Form (PDF) to complete for becoming a firefighter.