Reroof of Shingles, Siding, Gutter, and Window/Door Replacements - Documents Needed
First, you will need to complete a Hamburg Township Land Use Permit.
Ways to Apply for Land Use Permit:
- In Person-Completely fill out the land use permit application at home and bring to the Township Hall with 3 copies of all submittals listed below. Pay $15 either by check made out to “Hamburg Township”, Cash, or a Credit card. (Note there is a 2.8% credit card fee.) Completely fill out one copy of the Hamburg Township Land Use Permit Application, but make 3 copies of all other submittals (one set for Hamburg, and two sets for Livingston County Building Dept.) that can be "red stamped".
- Send in via Postal Mail -Completely fill out the land use permit application, with a check made out to “Hamburg Township” for $15, mail to: Hamburg Township, ATTN: Zoning Department, P.O. Box 157, Hamburg, MI 48139. We only need 1 set of submittals (if you are sending through postal mail) since we will scan the stamped copy and email it back to you once received, approved and paid for. Make sure to include your email address on your land use permit application.
- Currently, there are no available online options to pay for land use permits.
Reroof of Shingles, Siding, Gutter, and Window/Door Replacement Require:
- Letter of authorization from property owner (or signed contract for work to be done)
- Completed land use permit application
- Payment of $15.
Second, once you get your approved, paid land use permit, you should call Livingston County Building Department Building Permit to see if you need a building permit here. The county will require you to show your approved township land use permit and stamped plans before applying for any permits with their office at 2300 E Grand River Ave. Suite 104, Howell, MI 48843.