09/11/2019 - 7:00 p.m. - Zoning Board of Appeals Training Workshop presented by Beth Rosati. Click here to view on Livestream.
02/10/2016 - "Floodplain Management 101 Workshop": Presenter: Donna Cervelli, PE, District Floodplain Engineer (firstname.lastname@example.org) for Michigan Department of Environmental Quality/Water Resources Division. The workshop covered details of the State Construction Code Permits and Floodplain Regular Requirements, including:
- What is a floodplain? What activities require a permit from the State?
- Code related issues based on the Michigan Building Code and the National Flood Insurance Program; i.e., elevation requirements, crawl space construction in floodplain, etc.
- Floodplain Management and updating FIRM maps
- Elevation Certificates
View video of workshop - click here.
02/04/2015 - Basic Training For Elected Officials, Planning Commissions and Zoning Boards of Appeals - Presenter: John Enos of Carlisle/Wortman & Associates for Michigan Municipal League (MML).
- View Info Packet of Powerpoint Slides (pdf) - click here.
- View video of workshop - click here.
The Planning & Zoning Administrator is Chris Madigan. The Zoning Coordinator is Brittany Stein. Feel free to e-mail or call -- we will be happy to assist you!