Hamburg Police Explorer Program
Police Explorer Requirements
- Must be between the ages of 14 and 21. (Must apply prior to 20th birthday)
- Must have and maintain a 2.0 GPA or better. Must provide copy of your report card.
- Must pass background investigation and an oral board.
- Must be willing and able to participate in monthly meetings, special training, community service events and post fundraising events.
- Must maintain a good attendance record for meetings, activities and events.
- Must be at least 16 years old and have parent/guardianΓ permission to ride along with police officers.
Hamburg Township Police Explorers receive training in many areas of the law enforcement field. Through a combination of classroom lecture, practical exercises, and in-the-field experience, Explorers acquire a working knowledge of police procedures including but not limited to traffic stops, crime scene investigation, traffic direction, self- defense, first aid/CPR, report writing, and several other areas. As part of the program, Explorers also have first-hand contact with police officers from the department. These officers are an excellent source of information pertaining to the law enforcement career.
Real Life Experience
A major component of the exposure offered by the Explorer program is training through real life experience. Hamburg Township Police Explorers may assist police officers in traffic and patrol operations and at special events held in the township. All involvement in these events is on a voluntary basis and takes place under the direct supervision of Hamburg Township Police Officers.
It is the desire of the Hamburg Township Police Department to minimize the costs associated with being a member of the Explorer Post. As such, the Hamburg Township Police Department will pay for and provide any required uniforms and equipment as well as pay the annual membership fees for all its members to the national organization. Members will only be required to provide their own black shoes or boots to wear with their uniform.
The Hamburg Township Police Explorer Post meeting dates and times will be determined once the Post is established but it is anticipated meetings will be held on Thursday evenings from 6:00pm-8:00pm at the Hamburg Township Police Department, 10409 Merrill Road, Hamburg, MI. 48139.
For further information on this program or to express a desire to join the Hamburg Township Police Explorer Post, please contact program advisor Deputy Chief of Police Dariusz Nisenbaum at (810) 222-1172 or email@example.com
Click here to download the Application Form and documentation in a pdf file.