Other Master Plans
- Village Center Master Plan (Updated 2020)
- Parks & Recreation Master Plan
- Water & Sewer Master Plan
- Flooding Response Action Plan
- Appendix to 2020 Master Plan
Hamburg Township was organized as a township in 1837. We are a "general law" township as defined under Michigan law. Hamburg is a "zoned" community. Zoning was first enacted in 1968. Hamburg Township participates in the National Flood Insurance Program and is a Community Rating Service Class 8 community. Many areas of the township are served by sewer service, and some are served by water service. The Township supports its own fire and police departments. Hamburg's fiscal year begins July 1st and ends June 30th. In the 2000 Census, Hamburg had 20,627 people. In the 2010 Census, Hamburg had 21,165 people.