Submitting a FOIA Request
For Requests for POLICE/FIRE/PUBLIC SAFETY RELATED Documents:
How to Submit a FOIA Request
Public Safety - Freedom Of Information Act (FOIA) Request Form (.pdf)
PDF Printable Documents:
- July 2019 - Written Public Summary of FOIA Procedures and Guidelines
- July 2019 - FOIA Procedures and Guidelines
Requests to inspect or obtain copies of public records of the Township must be submitted in writing. The request must describe the public record(s) sufficiently to enable the Township to find it, and include the name, mailing address, and contact information (phone number or email address) of the requester to be a valid request.
To assist the Township in providing a response, it is helpful if your request states “FOIA” or “FOIA Request” in the subject line of the email or the communication containing the request.
All requests for public safety (police & Fire) public records shall be made to the Hamburg Township Public Safety FOIA Coordinator. No specific form to submit a request for a public record is required. However, the Township has made available a Public Safety FOIA Request form for the public’s convenience of use.
Public Safety FOIA Coordinator:
Danielle Price, Administrative Supervisor
Phone: (810) 231-9391
For Public Safety only records (Police or Fire Department Records), submit request:
- By e-mail by sending the file as an e-mail attachment to the Public Safety FOIA Coordinator at HATP@hamburg.mi.us.
- By fax machine by faxing the form to the attention of the Public Safety FOIA Coordinator at810-231-9401.
- By US First Class Mail to: Hamburg Township Police Department, Attn: Public Safety FOIA Coordinator, P.O. Box 157, Hamburg, Michigan 48139.
- In person to the Hamburg Township Police Department at 10409 Merrill Road, Hamburg, Michigan Monday - Friday during regular business hours from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
NOTE: For all other general Township (non-public safety) public records requests please contact:
General Township FOIA Coordinator Mary Kuzner, Deputy Clerk.
Phone: 810-231-1000 Ext. 207.
Updated August 12, 2021