Hamburg Senior Center / Community Center Building Use Policy
10405 Merrill Road, P.O. Box 157
Hamburg, MI 48139-0157
Phone: 810-231-1000 Ext. 225 - Office
- All Evening and Weekend Building Use requires scheduling through Parks and Recreation.
- Use Calendar for Building is available on Google and updated weekly. View here.
- Please complete and submit Community Center Application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fees are non-refundable.
Community Center Application Form
Rules & Regulations for Use
- Use of the Hamburg Township Senior Center/Community Center is limited to Hamburg Township residents and/or local non-profit or civic organizations. All applications for use must be submitted to the Township Clerk’s Department for review and approval.
- All applications for use of the facility shall be submitted no less than two weeks prior to the requested date of use. All such uses shall terminate at the end of the Township’s fiscal year (ending June 30th of every year). Thereafter, a new application must be made for each succeeding Township fiscal year or portion thereof. Maximum capacity of building is 150.
- Applications shall be made on forms provided by the Clerk’s Department. All applications must be signed by an authorized party representing the group or organization or individual. The Township Board reserves the right to revoke any approved use with due notice. Uses may be rescheduled at anytime based on availability.
- The applicant may be asked to furnish proof of liability insurance with an endorsement showing Hamburg Township as an additional insured for an event, if the Clerk or the Hamburg Township Board so requests, in amounts to be established by the Township.
- A front door entrance key and alarm code will be assigned to any applicant who applies for a reoccurring meeting. There will only be one key assigned per group. Annual payment for use is required at the time of issuance and is non-refundable. The applicant agrees that said key will not be copied or loaned to others. If said key is lost (and/or loaned) a charge of $100 will be invoiced to the applicant. Changes in scheduled use must be approved by the Clerk’s Department. Unscheduled use of the facility will result in an automatic loss of rental privileges.
- A front door entrance key and key fob will be assigned to any applicant who applies for infrequent meeting such as annual or quarterly. Payment is required at the time of issuance and is non-refundable. Approval can take up to 5 business days. The applicant agrees that said key will not be copied or loaned to others. If said key is lost (and/or loaned) a charge of $100 will be invoiced to the applicant. Changes in scheduled use must be approved by the Clerk’s Department. Unscheduled use of the facility will result in an automatic loss of rental privileges.
- The facility is accessible through the front double doors of the building. It is the responsibility of the applicant to secure, lock and alarm the building prior to exiting. Should the facility be left unlocked and unalarmed, the organization will be charged a fee as outlined on the Parklands and Community Center Use Fee Schedule. Future use may not be guaranteed for habitual offenders.
- For infrequent use, Applicants have seven (7) days after the scheduled date of the use of the facility to return the key (and fob if applicable) to Hamburg Township or the applicant may be charged a fee as outlined on the Parklands and Community Center Use Fee Schedule.
- All approved users will be responsible for any damage done to the Community Center resulting from their use of the premises and fees are outlined in the Parklands and Community Center Use Fee Schedule. Hamburg Township is not responsible for damages to any property that belongs to the applicant or users of the premises. Any property that is brought on premises must be removed when the function ends, before the building and premises are vacated.
- Hanging of any documents, signs, posters, pictures or similar items, is not permitted on any surface in the Senior/Community Center. If for any reason, it is determined that it is necessary to re-key the Senior/Community Center due to the negligence of the party who has utilized the facility, the Township has the right to charge the applicant for any costs incurred.
- All approved users shall have the facility cleaned up, locked up and shall vacate the Township premises by 11:00 p.m. No applicant shall be on the premises after this time without express permission from the Township Board.
- If applicants serve food or refreshments, all means of serving same shall be furnished by the applicant. None of the facility’s cooking or refrigeration equipment or supplies may be used. NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES ARE ALLOWED ON THE PREMISES. NO PARTIES, SHOWERS, OR MEETINGS OF A PARTISIAN POLITICAL NATURE ARE ALLOWED. NO RELIGIOUS RELATED ACTIVITIES OR SERVICES ARE ALLOWED. FUNDRAISING EVENTS ARE ALLOWED HOWEVER, ONLY WITH PRIOR TOWNSHIP BOARD APPROVAL. NO SMOKING IS ALLOWED IN THE BUILDING. IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE ORGANIZATION TO REMOVE THEIR TRASH AND RETURN ALL ROOMS TO THEIR ORIGINAL CONDITION. KITCHEN USE IS PROHIBITED.
- All items dealing with the application requirements, not specifically mentioned or defined above shall be subject to the interpretation and discretion of the Township Board and Township Clerk.
Release of Liability Waiver
- In further consideration of entering into this agreement, to the fullest extent permitted by law, the Applicant agrees to defend, pay on behalf of, indemnify, and hold harmless Hamburg Township, its elected and appointed officials, employees and volunteers, and others working on behalf of Hamburg Township against any and all claims, demands, suits or loss, including all costs connected therewith, and for any damages which may be asserted, claimed, or recovered against or from Hamburg Township, by reason of personal injury, including bodily injury or death and/or property damage, including loss of use thereof, which arises out of, or is in any way connected or associated with this contract.
- The Applicant covenants and agrees that it will have a representative on the premises at all times to monitor the set-up, use and tear-down of the use and all activities related thereto and under no circumstances shall the use of the Senior/Community Center be granted or sublet to any other group or organization without the express written permission of the Hamburg Township Board of Trustees.
- Any Applicant or group or entity co-hosting the use must comply with all rules, regulations and policies of the Township pertaining to the said use and will be ultimately responsible for any and all damages to any Hamburg Township property resulting from the use, and shall otherwise restore the Township property to its previous condition.
- No private property shall be kept, stored or maintained in and on the Hamburg Township Senior/Community Center property without the express written permission of the Hamburg Township Board of Trustees. All private property kept, stored or maintained in and on the Hamburg Township Senior/Community Center property shall be so kept, stored or maintained at the risk of the Applicant.
- The Applicant acknowledges that he/she/they are an authorized officer of the group/event applying for use of the Senior/Community Center.
Revised: 4/14/99, 9/14/99, 11/05/99, 11/10/99, 12/01/99, 10/07/03, 3/15/11, 7/1/14, 1/7/20, 8/1/20
Hamburg Senior Center Team:
Senior Program Director
Community Center - Contact for Evening and Weekend Building Use:
10405 Merrill Road
P.O. Box 157
Hamburg, Michigan 48139
(810) 231-1000 - X-218
(810) 222-1124 Direct Dial
Parks & ADA Coordinator
Parks & ADA Coordinator