FOIA (Freedom Of Information Act)
Requests for POLICE/FIRE/PUBLIC SAFETY RELATED Documents, click here. (As of 07/01/2019, Public Safety is handling the Police/Fire related requests.)
General Hamburg Township Records
For Requests for General Hamburg Township Records (NOT POLICE/FIRE/PUBLIC SAFETY RELATED), click on the Request Form below:
REQUEST FORM (PDF Printable Document) - FOIA Request Form - Fillable Form Fields on Computer: This .pdf form can be filled out on your computer. After you have completed the form, save the file to your computer, and then print out the form.
How to Submit a FOIA Request
Requests to inspect or obtain copies of public records of the Township must be submitted in writing. The request must describe the public record(s) sufficiently to enable the Township to find it, and include the name, mailing address, and contact information (phone number or email address) of the requester to be a valid request.
To assist the Township in providing a response, it is helpful if your request states “FOIA” or “FOIA Request” in the subject line of the email or the communication containing the request.
For other requests (any other general Township record than police or fire, or a multiple department request that includes police or fire records as well other types of records), submit request to:
- By email to: email@example.com
- By United States Postal Service to: Hamburg Township, Attn: General Township FOIA Coordinator, PO Box 157, MI 48139
- By fax to: (810) 231-4295
- In Person at: Hamburg Township Clerk’s Office, 10405 Merrill Road, Whitmore Lake, MI 48189, (810) 231-1000 extension 270
Deputy Clerk / FOIA Coordinator
Phone: 810-231-1000 Ext. 215
PDF Printable Documents:
- July 2019 - Written Public Summary of FOIA Procedures and Guidelines
- July 2019 - FOIA Procedures and Guidelines
Updated January 27, 2022